From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up detention in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Detention may refer to:
- School detention, a form of punishment used in schools
- Detention (imprisonment), imprisonment of someone guilty or suspected of a crime
- Detention basin, an artificial flow control structure that is used to contain flood water for a limited period of a time
- Remand (detention), the keeping in custody of an arrested person awaiting ajudication
- Immigration detention, imprisonment of an unauthorised person entering a country
- Detention of an individual with symptoms of severe mental illness (for the legal procedure involving a court order, see Involuntary commitment)
- Preventive detention
Film or TV
- Detention (2003 film)
- Detention (2010 film)
- Detention (2011 film)
- "Detention" (Cold Case episode), episode 58 (3.12) of the television series Cold Case
- Detention (TV series)
- All pages beginning with "Detention"
- All pages with titles containing "Detention"
- Detonation (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Detention.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.