From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up deviate, deviated, deviates, or deviation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Deviation may refer to:
Mathematics and engineering
- Allowance (engineering), an engineering and machining allowance is a planned deviation between an actual dimension and a nominal or theoretical dimension, or between an intermediate-stage dimension and an intended final dimension.
- Deviation (statistics), the difference between the value of an observation and the mean of the population in mathematics and statistics
- Deviation of a local ring in mathematics
- Deviation of a poset in mathematics
- Frequency deviation, the maximum allowed "distance" in FM radio from the nominal frequency a station broadcasts at
- Magnetic deviation, the error induced in compasses by local magnetic fields
- Deviate (Kill II This album), 1998
- Deviation (Jayne County album), 1995
- Deviation (Béla Fleck album), 1984
- Bid'ah, Islamic term for innovations and deviations acts or groups from orthodox Islamic law (Sharia).
- Deviance (sociology), a behavior that is a recognized violation of social norms
- Deviation (film), a 2006 short film
- Deviation (law) is a departure from a contract or a ship's course, thus breaching the contract
- Deviationism, an expressed belief which is not in accordance with official party doctrine
- Ffestiniog Railway, The Llyn Ystradau Deviation is known as the deviation.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Deviation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.