Devil's Due Publishing
|Country of origin||United States|
|Key people||Joshua Blaylock, CEO|
|Publication types||Comic books, Books|
Devil's Due Publishing (often abbreviated as DDP) is an independent comic book publisher in the United States. Based in Chicago, Illinois, DDP is best known for its wide selection of genres, including licensed and original creator-owned properties that populate its monthly comic book series and graphic novels.
Though principally a publishing company, DDP has also produced a stage play based on the Hack/Slash comic series, Stagefright, in conjunction with the New Millennium Theatre Company that played at the National Pastime Theater on Broadway, Chicago from September 23 to October 29, 2005.
In 1998 Devil's Due Publishing started as both a commercial art studio and a small press comic-book publisher. The company soon shifted its focus to comic books, becoming one of the top ten publishers in North America.
DDP produced an American comic book version of Vampire Hunter D. It was written by Jimmy Palmiotti and titled American Wasteland. Devil's Due also republished Je suis légion by Fabien Nury and John Cassaday as an eight comic book series, I am Legion as part of a larger deal to reprint work with Humanoids Publishing, including titles like The Zombies That Ate The World.
In 2009, Devil's Due was accused of not paying several creative teams. In an article on the website Bleeding Cool, Rich Johnston wrote to the company's CEO, Blaylock, and reported that only Tim Seeley had gone unpaid.
DDP is represented in Hollywood by Alter Ego Entertainment and Prime Universe, who share a first-look deal with the publisher for film, television and video games. Currently the three parties are in discussion with numerous studios about expanding Devil's Due properties into other media.
Comic series published
Comic series published with other companies
- Hedge Knight #1–6
- killer7 #½–4
- Lo-Fi Magazine #1, 3
- Lo-Fi Magazine Vol. 2 #4–7
- http://www.devilsdue.net/hs_stagefright[dead link]
- [httpue.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=25 "About Us"], devilsdue.net. Retrieved on 2008-03-16.
- Brady, Matt. "Micronauts Back at Devil's Due", Newsarama, October 9, 2003
- Devil's Due Adds 'Vampire Hunter D, ICv2, June 30, 2008
- WWC Interview: Josh Blaylock on 'Vampire Hunter D', ComicMix news, June 28, 2008
- Phegley, Kiel (October 30, 2008). "Cassaday's I Am Legion Lands at Devil's Due". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved October 30, 2008.
- Kean, Benjamin Ong Pang (August 1, 2008). "Fabrice Giger on the Humanoids-DDP Deal". Newsarama. Retrieved March 17, 2010.
- Devil’s Due Lays Off Staff, Restructures, Comic Book Resources, December 1, 2008
- PJ Bickett Steps Down as Devil's Due CEO, Comic Book Resources, December 1, 2008
- Johnson, Rich (December 7, 2009). "Devil’s Thousands Due". Bleeding Cool.
- "Devils Due Introduces "The Royals" Digital Comic Book". Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- Official Website
- Devil's Due Publishing on Myspace
- Article about Devil's Due's recent business troubles