Devil's Playground (2010 film)
|Directed by||Mark McQueen|
|Written by||Bart Ruspoli|
|Music by||James Edward Barker|
|Edited by||Rob Hall|
|Distributed by||E1 Entertainment|
Devil's Playground is a British horror film directed by Mark McQueen and starring Craig Fairbrass. Intandem Films has the worldwide rights to the film, which was produced by Freddie Hutton-Mills, Bart Ruspoli and Jonathan Sothcott.
After the final stage of human testing goes horribly awry, the test subjects of the fictional pharmaceutical company N-Gen become violently ill. As the side effects worsen, the test subjects become increasingly violent until they are little but marauding beasts. Worse yet, their bites are infectious and in short order London is overrun with hordes of bloodthirsty monsters. Cole, a mercenary for N-Gen and a hardened killer, is searching for Angela Mills, the only hope of a cure for this plague which threatens the globe. As the only test subject that did not suffer side effects, her immunity holds the key to preventing a world wide apocalypse. Cole's mission is complicated by chaos, continual attacks by the infected, and the virus slowly overtaking Cole's body.
- Danny Dyer as Joe
- Craig Fairbrass as Cole
- MyAnna Buring as Angela
- Jaime Murray as Lavinia
- Shane Taylor as Geoffrey
- Bart Ruspoli as Matt Mills
- Craig Conway as Steve
- Lisa McAllister as Kate
- Alistair Petrie as Andy Billing
- Colin Salmon as Peter White
- Sean Pertwee as Rob
Leslie Felperin of Variety called it "unoriginal but watchable". Mark L. Miller of AICN wrote that it is "heavy on action and surprisingly textured when it comes to story." William Bibbiani of Crave Online called it a forgettable and "completely nondescript" knock-off of 28 Days Later. Kayley Viteo criticized the rapid shifts in tone and called it a caricature of 28 Days Later. Peter Dendle wrote that the film is "largely familiar, but the execution is competent and convincing".
- Barton, Steve (30 August 2010). "Teaser One-Sheet Debut and Premiere News: Devil's Playground". Dread Central. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Miska, Brad (23 February 2010). "First Look at 'Devil's Playground'". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Exclusive First Stills: The Devil's Playground".
- "HMR Film and Reach Up High board zombie flick Devil's Playground". Screen Daily. 4 November 2009. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Barton, Steve (10 October 2011). "Romp Through the Devil's Playground with Two New Clips!". Dread Central. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Felperin, Leslie (15 May 2010). "Review: 'Devil's Playground'". Variety. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Miller, Mark L. (14 October 2011). "DEVIL’S PLAYGROUND (2010)". AICN. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Bibbiani, William (10 October 2011). "DVD Review: ‘Devil’s Playground’". Crave Online. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Viteo, Kayley (28 March 2011). "DVD Review: Devil’s Playground". BrutalAsHell.com. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Dendle, Peter (2000). The Zombie Movie Encyclopedia: 2000-2010. McFarland Publishing. pp. 77–78. ISBN 9780786492886.