Devilish Presley 2010
|Genres||Deathrock, Gothic rock, Punk rock,|
|Years active||2002 - present|
|Past members||Ragborn Rosy
- 1 History
- 1.1 European tours and a publishing deal
- 1.2 2008. Flesh Ride, European tours. 17 Shows supporting The Damned
- 1.3 2009: UK Tour in June to promote live DVD "Live Voodoo"
- 1.4 2010: Jacqui Vixen Suffers RSI Injury. "The Dark Triad" Recorded
- 1.5 2011: UK Tour Announced. "The Dark Triad" Released On 9 May
- 1.6 2011: On Monday 31 October the band released a new "Video Single" on Youtube "I Created A Monster"
- 1.7 2012: On Monday 26 March the band release a new "Video Single" on Youtube "The Devil Rock & Roll"
- 1.8 2012: On Monday 11 June the band release a new "Video Single" on Youtube "Blood From The Mummy's Tomb"
- 1.9 2012: On Monday 29 October the band release a new "Video Single" on Youtube "The Zombie I Love"
- 1.10 2014: The band plan to return for a one off UK gig, after a break of two years
- 2 Releases
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Devilish Presley are a British goth, punk band that formed in East London in 2002. They have released five albums on their own label November Tenth Records and have toured constantly for nine years building a loyal following from the goth, punk and psychobilly scenes in the UK and Europe. Devilish Presley were briefly the house band at the London club Dead and Buried, run by DJ Cavey Nik. The band's own Pity For Monsters promotions were putting on gigs in London in 2004 and after teaming up with Nik - forming Buried By Monsters - they were responsible for bringing many US and European deathrock bands to the UK for the first time . The band stopped promoting shows for several years but in January 2011 announced that they had resurrected Pity For Monsters.
European tours and a publishing deal
During 2005/6 the band began to widen their appeal and played at many punk and psychobilly gigs. They have supported The Damned, The Misfits, The Meteors, The Horrorpops, The 5678's, Markey Ramone, Jayne County, The Vibrators, and many other acts. In 2006 they signed to the Wipe Out Music publishing company  (Deadline, Goldblade 999, etc.) and toured in Germany, France, the Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia and both Northern and Southern Ireland. The single Hammer Horror Glamour (2005 from the Memphisto album) has been featured on several cover-mount CDs including Big Cheese magazine (UK) and Zillo (Germany). Such was the authentic 70's glam rock swagger of this single it even won praise from "Cut Above The Rest" a fanzine dedicated to The Sweet. Issue 43. The Memphisto album became available worldwide on CD & iTunes in September 2006.
Halloween Queen the follow-up single to Hammer Horror Glamour was made available on iTunes in March 2007 and the band played a 25 date UK tour - their only one with a live drummer - Ragborn Rosy. After parting company with their drummer the band decided to stick to their guns and continue as a two-piece with a drum machine. In August 2007 yet another UK tour began taking in 22 dates. Support slots on this tour included The Meteors, The Peacocks, Demented Are Go, King Kurt, and several dates with Canadian band The Creepshow. Johnny did some DJ work and also wrote the occasional article for Big Cheese Magazine.
2008. Flesh Ride, European tours. 17 Shows supporting The Damned
More European dates in Germany and Poland were followed by another UK tour to promote "Voodoo Goddess" the first track taken from "Flesh Ride" (their fourth album). A promotional video for this track was filmed by Martin Baker at the Cross Kings pub in Kings Cross London. The video has been watched by over 9,000 people on various sites linked to Youtube etc. In May 2008 Johnny did some dates playing guitar for P.Paul Fenech (The Meteors) when he undertook a European solo tour in Germany, Italy, and London. In August the band announced their new album "Flesh Ride" would be released on October 31 (Halloween) 2008 and would contain 15 tracks - as with "Memphisto" the cover photo was taken by noted Finnish born photographer Tina Korhonen.This was once again released on their own November Tenth Records label. In November 2008 the band toured Europe again including a debut gig in (Romania) in the capital (Bucharest). In December 2008 the band were the UK tour support for The Damned on 17 dates around the country.
2009: UK Tour in June to promote live DVD "Live Voodoo"
The band toured the UK in March and April 2009 to promote their "Flesh Ride" album. At one of these dates in Birmingham on 3 April - a live DVD was filmed. Entitled "Live Voodoo" it became the band's debut DVD. To promote the DVD (released on June 15) a short UK tour took place throughout June. The DVD has since sold out.
2010: Jacqui Vixen Suffers RSI Injury. "The Dark Triad" Recorded
The band confirmed in early 2010 that Jacqui Vixen had been forced to quit playing the bass due to an RSI Repetitive strain injury she had been suffering from for some time. The problem began after a fall whilst on tour in Germany in 2008 and her style of playing (all down strokes) had aggravated the condition. Prior to the recording of the fifth album "The Dark Triad" Jacqui began taking vocal coaching under the tutelage of Stevie Vann and took over the role of lead vocalist. The band took a break from touring in 2010 and only played a few shows with temporary bass player Pete Vincent including The Rock & Blues Custom Show in Derbyshire and dates in Poland & Switzerland.
2011: UK Tour Announced. "The Dark Triad" Released On 9 May
In January 2011 the band finished mixing their 5th album @ Berry Street Studio with Kevin Poree (Memphisto) producing. A UK Tour also began in January. The album titled "The Dark Triad" was released on CD & all major digital outlets on 9 May 2011 and is the third album to feature a cover picture by photographer Tina Korhonen. On Monday 7 February the band released a direct to download single "The Beast Must Die" c/w "Cocaine Joe" both taken from their forthcoming album. A promotional video for the song was released the same day on Youtube and received 1045 hits in under a week - the video was made by Luke Billing for Berry Street Studio video productions and was filmed at Murder Mile Studio in London.
2011: On Monday 31 October the band released a new "Video Single" on Youtube "I Created A Monster"
2012: On Monday 26 March the band release a new "Video Single" on Youtube "The Devil Rock & Roll"
Once again it will be made by Luke Billing for Berry Street Studio video productions. The audio single plus two bonus tracks will be available for free download.
2012: On Monday 11 June the band release a new "Video Single" on Youtube "Blood From The Mummy's Tomb"
On Monday 11 June the band release a new "Blood From The Mummy's Tomb" As usual it will be made by Luke Billing for Berry Street Studio video productions. The audio single plus two bonus tracks will be available as a CD but not for free download.
2012: On Monday 29 October the band release a new "Video Single" on Youtube "The Zombie I Love"
The audio single plus two bonus tracks will be available as a CD but only at live shows and for free.
2014: The band plan to return for a one off UK gig, after a break of two years
The band will not be releasing any new music, but Johnny Navarro's first book will be available in 2014.
- Rust Garden (2003)
- Disgraceland (2004)
- Memphisto (2006)
- Flesh Ride (2008)
- The Dark Triad (2011)
- Black Leather Jesus c/w Levis Dog (2003)
- Memento Mori c/w Saturday Night Satellite (2004)
- She's Not America (2005)
- Hammer Horror Glamour (2006)
- Halloween Queen (2007)
- Voodoo Goddess c/w Losing Ground (2008)
- The Beast Must Die c/w Cocaine Joe (2011)
- I Created A Monster (2011)
- The Devil Rock & Roll c/w Spiritbabe c/w Mary Shelley Motorcade (2012)
- Blood From The Mummy's Tomb c/w Dreamers & Destroyers c/w Mr Splitfoot (2012)
- The Zombie I Love c/w Creature In The Shadows c/w The Serpent Henry (2012)
- Pagan Love Songs (Germany) (2004)
- Dark Awakenings Vol 3 (Germany) (2006)
- Screaming Tarts Vol 3 (UK) (2006)
- Kaleidoscope Magazine (UK) (2005)
- Zillo Magazine (Germany) (2005)
- Sonic Seducer Magazine (Germany) (2006)
- Big Cheese Magazine (UK) (2006)
- Devolution Magazine (UK) (2010)
- Big Cheese Magazine (UK) (2010)
- Devolution Magazine (UK) (2011)
- Live Voodoo (2009)
- The Beast Must Die - Ltd Edition (2011)
- BBC Nottingham Review
- Dead & Buried With Ausgang 2005
- Pity For Monsters Shows On Starvox
- Bring Out Your Dead 2005
- The Spitz 2005
- “Majestically dark, yet sparkling and vivacious. Full of life and dressed with a tight ribbon of fiery vocals.”
- Slovakian National News item
- New Devilish Presley CD Highly Recommended it's so good that if you don't like it I will refund you your money, I mean it, I haven't been so excited by a band so much in years! 'Go Out & Buy! *Scroll down page to Issue 43*'
-  Room 13 Review
- http://www.noisyzine.co.uk/dec16.html Live In southend 2008 In Noisy Advent Calendar
- Devilish Presley support The Damned
- Devilish Presley support The Damned Total Rock News
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Devilish Presley.|