|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
|• Mayor||Mustafa Semerci (AKP)|
|• Kaymakam||Hüseyin Öner|
|• District||934.81 km2 (360.93 sq mi)|
|• District density||61/km2 (160/sq mi)|
Devrek is a town and district in Zonguldak Province in the Black Sea Region of Turkey. It was originally founded as Hamidiye, in the sanjak of Bolu. Devrek was incorporated into the Zonguldak Province on May 14, 1920. It is divided into five quarters, three subdistricts and seventy-six villages. The three subdistricts are Çaydeğirmeni, Eğerci, and Özbağı. The population of the Devrek district is 66,518. The mayor is Özcan Ulupınar (AKP).
Since 1984, in the third week of July, the Devrek Walking Stick and Culture Festival is held in the town. The most notable tourist destination in the area is Yedigöller National Park. During February and March there are pig hunting drives.
Devrek is located in an altitude of 86 meters and has an area of 1,080 km². It is 56 km from Zonguldak, 210 km from Ankara and 370 km from Istanbul. It is surrounded by mountains, the most notable ones being Babadağı, Göldağı, Akçasu and Yenice. The most important river passing through the region is Devrek creek. Devrek creek joins the Yenice creek in Gökçebey district and takes the name Filyos River. Pine, oak, fir, beech, elm, chestnut, and lime trees are found throughout the forest around Devrek. Its weather is cool during the summer and warm and rainy during the winter season.
Famous persons from Devrek
- Işık Koşaner (* 1945), General staff officer
- The grandparents of Mesut Özil, Football player
- Dr. Salim Yilmaz, Space Station Inventor 
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Mesut Özil visits the grave of his Grandpa in Devrek
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
Devrek Cane is famous in the world