Dewi Persik in 2008
|Birth name||Dewi Muria Agung|
|Born||16 December 1985|
Dewi Muria Agung (born 16 December 1985), better known by her stage name Dewi Persik (also spelled Dewi Perssik) and nicknamed Depe after her monogram, is an Indonesian dangdut singer. She has been embroiled in several scandals, related to her stage persona and personal life.
Persik was born Dewi Muria Agung in Jember, East Java on 16 February 1998. She is the youngest of four children born to Mochammad Aidil and Sri Muna. She also has some Chinese ancestry. She later became a dangdut singer, becoming noticed for her "saw move" (Indonesian: Goyang Gergaji), so named because it resembles the back and forth movement of a saw. She was given the stage name Persik after the Indonesian word for peach, which is thought to bring good luck in Chinese culture. She is also known by the nickname "Depe".
During 2008, she raised controversy for her "vulgar" movements and outfits while performing onstage and was banned from performing in Tangerang and Bandung; Bandung mayor Dada Rosada stated that her "sexually provocative" movements did not qualify as art or culture. After she apologized and promised to keep her performances tamer, Minister for Youth and Sports Affairs Adhyaksa Dault said that she should be respected for "admitting her mistake".
Two years later, she raised controversy after several nude pictures of her were released online. The Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) reported her to the Jakarta police, alleging that the pictures violated the 2008 Bill against Pornography and Pornoaction. The FPI also made plans to throw rotten eggs at her house, and a spokesman compared her to Japanese pornographic actress Maria Ozawa. Persik later admitted that the pictures were of her, and that she often posed in the nude with her hair covering her breasts; however, she also noted that the pictures were meant to be private and that said that she was surprised that they had found their way to the internet.
During the filming of Arwah Goyang Karawang (The Dancing Spirit of Karawang), Persik got into a "catfight" with fellow actress Julia Perez. Both later filed police reports, with Perez later being brought to trial in May 2011.
In early 2011, Persik underwent hymen reconstruction surgery in As-Salam International Hospital, Cairo, Egypt after going on the hajj. She said that she didn't want to "disappoint her future husband"; she noted that she was proud of her secondary virginity. After facing incredulity, she produced medical records to prove that she was "officially" a virgin.
As of September 2011[update], she is expected to act in the horror/comedy Pacar Hantu Perawan (Boyfriend of a Virgin Ghost) along with an unnamed foreign porn star. She noted that, although there would be a love story in the movie, it would be chaste enough for Indonesian culture. She is currently managed by Ahmad Dhani's Republik Cinta Manajemen.
Persik has been married two times. Her first marriage was to singer Saiful Jamil; they were married on 26 June 2005 and divorced on 14 January 2008. Her second was to actor Aldiansyah Taher; they entered a siri marriage (unrecognized by the government, but recognized by tradition) on 4 July 2008, later splitting in 2009. 
- KapanLagi.com, Dewi Perssik.
- The Jakarta Post 2011, Depe denies illness.
- The Jakarta Post 2008, Minister praises Dewi.
- Suwarni 2008, Dangdut singer faces.
- Pawas 2010, Sexy online pictures.
- The Jakarta Post 2010, Dewi Perssik apologizes.
- The Jakarta Post 2011, Dewi will Give.
- The Jakarta Post 2011, Dewi Perssik proves.
- The Jakarta Post 2011, Dewi Persik feels.
- The Jakarta Post 2011, Dewi Persik starring.
- "Depe denies illness due to hymenoplasty". The Jakarta Post. 18 September 2011. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- "Dewi Persik feels like a virgin". The Jakarta Post. 6 June 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- "Dewi Persik starring in ‘Virgin Ghost’ film". The Jakarta Post. 8 September 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- "Dewi Perssik" (in Indonesian). KapanLagi.com. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- "Dewi Perssik apologizes for topless photo". The Jakarta Post. 30 November 2010. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- "Dewi Perssik ‘proves’ she’s a virgin". The Jakarta Post. 5 July 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- "Dewi will give positive testimony on Jupe". The Jakarta Post. 11 May 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- "Minister praises Dewi Persik". The Jakarta Post. 15 April 2008. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- Pawas, Zaky (9 December 2010). "Sexy Online Pictures Draw FPI’s Ire to Dangdut Star Dewi Persik". The Jakarta Globe. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- Suwarni, Yuli Tri (16 April 2008). "Dangdut singer faces Bandung ban over 'sexy' act". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 23 September 2011.