Dewsbury Moor is a district of Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, England. Historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, it lies to the west of the Dewsbury town centre. The population is around 5,650. Crime rates are higher than the national average.
Dewsbury Moor Amateur Rugby League Football Club is based on Heckmondwike Road and has three playing fields nearby. The rugby club has turned out several notable rugby league professionals including Ryan Sheridan, Matt Diskin and Dean Lawford. There are two schools, Knowles Hill Infant and Nursery School on Knowles Hill Road, and Westmoor Junior School on Church Lane.
Shannon Matthews disappeared from near her home, in Dewsbury Moor, on the afternoon of 19 February 2008. She was found alive on 14 March 2008 in Batley Carr. Michael Donavan, the man whose house she was found in, was (along with Shannon's mother Karen) later jailed for eight years for abduction and false imprisonment.
- Dewsbury Moor, Google Maps
- "Area Profile 2007 - Dewsbury Moor Settlement", Kirklees
- "Dewsbury Moor", Wakefield Trinity
- "Missing Shannon Matthews's mother: 'Someone who knows her knows something'", The Times, 3 March 2008
- "Missing schoolgirl 'found alive'". BBC News Online. BBC. 2008-03-14. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
- "Mother jailed over Shannon kidnap". BBC News Online. BBC. 23 January 2009. Retrieved 5 January 2010.