Type of site
Founded in 2001, Dexigner is a leading online portal for designers. It was noted in Forbes for being one of the top five sites for creatives. The website covers a range of design topics, including product, graphic, identity, interior, and urban design, architecture, advertising, illustration, fashion and typography.
The News section of the website delivers the latest on design as news articles and blogs. With a comprehensive database of more than 15,000 active listings, the Directory section of the website features noted design organizations, firms, studios, designers, museums, galleries and magazines. Dexigner also publishes a bi-monthly e-newsletter, reaching more than 40,000 subscribers.
The website uses its own in-house developed CMS to publish its content.
On July 6, 2009 Dexigner released its first mobile app for the iPhone and iPod Touch. The free app offers on the move access to news, events, competitions and design related places - based on users' location.
- "About Dexigner", accessed May 2, 2013.
- Shaughnessy, Haydn (May 5, 2012). "The Top Five Sites for Keeping Up With Creativity and Design". Forbes.
- "Dexigner Announces Design Directory". July 12, 2005.
- "Dexigner Design Portal Launches Design Maps". December 12, 2007.
- Dexigner Newsletter
- Dexigner iPhone Application Now Available on Apple App Store
- Dexigner for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store