Dalwood attended Humphry Davy School in his early life. then from 1981 he attended Saint Martin's School of Art in London; he received his BA in 1985. He studied for his MA at the Royal College of Art, London, from 1988-1990. In 2012 he was appointed Professor of Art & Design at Bath Spa University.
He has shown work internationally in many important exhibitions including the 2002 Sydney Biennial, “Hollywood is a Verb” at Gagosian Gallery in New York, the 19th John Moore’s Painting Prize at the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool, “Die Young Stay Pretty” at the ICA London, “Remix” at Tate Liverpool and “New Neurotic Realism” at the Saatchi Gallery in London.
Before becoming an artist he was a member of the punk rock band The Cortinas.
- Dexter Dalwood - May 12 - June 23, 2012. David Risley Gallery. Accessed August 2013.
- "Weldon and Hensher head to Bath Spa". The Bookseller. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- Tate Gallery St Ives - Page on future exhibitions
- www.dexterdalwood.com - Artist website
- Dexter Dalwood –Saatchi Gallery
- Tate: Meet the Artist: Dexter Dalwood The artist talks about his exhibition at Tate St Ives. 1 April 2010
- La interrupción del discurso narrativo en Dexter Dalwood