Deysi Cori Tello, Erts 2010
|Full name||Deysi Estela Cori Tello|
July 2, 1993 |
|FIDE rating||2414 (July 2014)
(No. 42 ranked woman in the August 2013 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2439 (July 2013)|
Deysi Estela Cori Tello (born July 2, 1993 in Lima) is a Peruvian chess player who holds the Woman Grandmaster title. As of August 2013 she has a FIDE rating of 2434, is number 10 in Peru among active players, and is the top rated Peruvian woman. In August 2011 she won the World Girls U-20 Chess Championship.
At the 2009 World Youth Chess Championship, held in Antalya, Turkey, Cori won the U-16 Girls championship, winning nine of her first ten matches, and clinched the title with a round to spare. Cori' s younger brother, Jorge Cori, also won at the World Youth Chess Championship by taking the U14 boys division.
In the August 2013 FIDE rankings, Cori is ranked 42nd in the world among women players and 3rd on the junior girls list. She is currently the only player in the junior girls Top 20 who resides in the Western Hemisphere.
- 1st in the Pan American Sub 20 de Cali. (June 2008)
- 1st in the World Chess School Singapore, sub 15. (July 2008)
- 1st International Tournament in La Roda, Spain. (April 2009)
- 2nd Continental Championship in Cali. (September 2009)
- 1st in the World Chess Championship Under 16 in Turkey (November 2009)
- 1st in the World Girls U-20 Chess Championship (August 2011)
- "Cori T., Deysi FIDE Chess Profile". FIDE. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- "FIDE Country Top chess players - Peru". FIDE. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- "SDAT - Ramco 29th World Girls U-20 Chess Championship". Chess-Results.com. 2011-08-15. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- Deysi Cori se coronó campeona mundial de Ajedrez en Turquía (Spanish) Elcomercio.com. Retrieved 31 December 2009
- FIDE: Top 100 women
- FIDE: Top 20 girls
- La peruana ganó el mundial de ajedrez categoría sub 15. (Spanish) Elcomercio.com. Retrieved 2 November 2009
- Deysi Cori se adjudica el Título Mundial de Ajedrez en Turquía (Spanish). Retrieved 31 December 2009