Dhaka International University
|Dhaka International University|
|Established||7 April 1995|
|Chancellor||President Mr. Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Nurul Momen|
|Campus||Main Campus: Banani, Dhaka and & Permanent Campus: Badda, Dhaka|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission|
Dhaka International University or DIU is a non-government institution in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The university was established on 7 April 1995 by the Private University Act 1992. The founder of DIU is Alhaj Professor Dr. A.B.M Mafizul Islam Patwari and the vice chancellor is Dr. Nurul Momen.
Dhaka International University, rated among the top private universities of Bangladesh, is an institution that promotes eastern culture and values, and meaningfully blends eastern and western thought and innovation. As an institution of higher learning that promotes and inculcates ethical standards, values and norms, Dhaka International University (DIU) is committed to the ideals of equal opportunity, transparency, and non-discrimination. The primary mission of DIU is to provide, at a reasonable cost, tertiary education characterized by academic excellence in a range of subjects that are particularly relevant to current and anticipated societal needs. Central to the university’s mission is its intention to provide students with opportunities, resources and expertise to achieve academic, personal and career goals within a stimulating and supportive environment. DIU is striving not only to maintain high quality in both instruction and research, it is also rendering community service through dissemination of information, organization of training programs and other activities. Sensitive to the needs of its students and staff, DIU is committed to providing a humane, responsive and invigorating atmosphere for productive learning and innovative thinking.
Dhaka International University is one of the established and leading non-government universities in Bangladesh. The initial planning began in 1994 but the university was established in 1995. In fact, DIU takes the initiative strongly for the creation of non-government universities and supports the initiative of the Government of Bangladesh. It is now operated as a government-approved university under the Non-Government University Acts of 1992 and 1998.
It is operated as a non-profitable institution and offers strict academic disciplines. The late Alhaj Prof. Dr. A.B.M Mafizul Islam Patwari is recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as the founder of the university. The institution has already achieved inspiration from a group of educationists from within the country and abroad.
The mission of DIU is the development of human resources through appropriate teaching, training, guidance and at the same time through the creation of knowledge. This mission is being attained through offering courses and curriculum. It provides opportunities for individuals to acquire skill and experience in the chosen field of specialization. It broadens the way of knowledge and creates job market in the competitive modern world.
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Executive Major in Banking)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- B.Sc.in Electrical Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- B.Sc.in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Computer Science and Engineering (only for Diploma Engineers)
- M.Sc. in Computer Science Engineering
- Masters of Computer Application (MCA)
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Agriculture
- Faculty of Law
- Bachelor of Law
- Master of Law
- Master of Human Rights
- B.A. (Hons) in English
- M.A. in English (one year)
- B.S.S. (Hons) in Sociology
- B.S.S. (Hons) in Economics
- M.S.S. in Economics
- B.S.S. (Hons) in Political Science
- M.S.S. in Political Science
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Besides a 4-year Bachelor and 1-year Masters Programme, the University also undertakes a large number of training Programmes and short term courses including diplomas in different disciplines. Dhaka International University is dedicated to the advancement of learning, and is committed to promoting research in all fields of knowledge. The course curricula are updated and new research projects are undertaken every year. As the pioneer and the largest seat of learning in the country, DIU has taken the task to foster the transformation of individual students and the country as a whole through the educational and research facilities keeping up with demand of the day. Dhaka International University is known far and wide as one of the leading Institutions of higher education in Bangladesh. Some short course and diploma programs of Dhaka International University are:
- Social Business Short Course : 4 month duration.
The academic year of some degrees of DIU comprises two semesters. Each semester consists of 26 weeks.
- Winter semester: January–June
- Summer semester: July–December
& the academic year of some degrees of DIU comprises three semesters. Each semester consists of four months.
- Spring semester: January to April
- Summer semester: May to August
- Fall semester: September to December
- Tobacco Control & Research Cell (TCRC): Tobacco Control & Research Cell (TCRC) is an active and vibrant research and advocacy cell of Dhaka International University which is continuously working on anti-tobacco related issues and promoting the values of anti-tobacco movement.
- Social Business Academic Cell (SBAC): Social Business Academic Cell (SBAC) is an active research cell of Dhaka International University which is continuously working for new social business ideas. Social Business is a new types of business introduced by Nobel Peace Prize Winner Prof. Dr. Muhammad Yunus.