Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology, Gazipur
|Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology, Gazipur|
|ঢাকা প্রকৌশল ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়, গাজীপুর|
|Chancellor||President of Bangladesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr Md Alauddin|
|Campus||Urban, 20.29 acres|
Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology (DUET), Gazipur is a university for the study of engineering in Bangladesh. The university originated in 1980 as a Faculty of Engineering under the University of Dhaka, offering four-year Bachelor degrees in Civil, Electrical and Electronic, Computer Engineering,Textile Engineering,Architecture,Industrial Production and Mechanical Engineering to help meet the growing need for advanced engineering education in Bangladesh. In June 1986, under its name of Bangladesh Institute of Technology, Dhaka, the institute became an autonomous institution empowered to award degrees. From 1 September 2003, the institute became a full-fledged university named Dhaka University of Engineering and Technology, Gazipur. It has produced around 2,500 graduates in engineering.
- 1 History
- 2 Location
- 3 Transport
- 4 Academic programs
- 5 Halls of residence
- 6 Student organizations
- 7 Regional organizations
- 8 Central Students' Union, DUET
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
DUET began in 1980 as the College of Engineering, located in Tejgaon, Dhaka. In 1982 it was renamed as Bangladesh Institute of Technology, Dhaka (BIT, Dhaka) & moved to its present location at Gazipur. It was upgraded to a university in September 2003 and is one of the five Engineering University in Bangladesh. Universities in Bangladesh.
The 20-acre (81,000 m2) campus is in Gazipur District, 40 km north of Dhaka, by the side of the BIDC road. The district town Gazipur is connected by roads and railway to Dhaka and other cities of Bangladesh.
Staff operate a shuttle bus service between Dhaka city and the campus. At weekends services are provided for recreational needs.
The university offers undergraduate and post-graduate degrees in these faculties:
Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Humanities
Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
Faculty of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Department of Textile Engineering (TE)
- Department of Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)
Halls of residence
There are five male and one female dormitories, named:
- FR Khan Hall
- QK Hall
- SM Hall
- KNI Hall
- M.C Hall
- KNI (Extension) Hall
- Shaheed Tajuddin Hall(under construction)
Students at DUET are involved in extracurricular activities. The student organizations at DUET are:
- Bangladesh Student League, DUET - the branch organization of the largest and oldest student political organization, called the Bangladesh Student League
- Bangladesh Islami Chatrashibir, DUET
- DUETCS - Computer Society)
- Srijony - The cultural organisation consist of free and cultural minded students.
- Central Student Union.
- Association for Information and Communication Technology (AICT)
- Computer Club
- Duet Debating Society (DDS)
- Green for Peace
- Photography & Art Culture Association
- Andromeda Space and Robotics Research Organisation (ASRRO - DUET branch)
- DUET explorer club
- Robo Mechatronics club (RMC-DUET branch)
- MOYNAMOTI- Former Comilla Polytechnic Institute and Greater Comilla Students' Welfare Association.
- KARATOA - Former Bogra Polytechnic Institute Students' Welfare Association.
- BORNALI - Former Dhaka Polytechnic Ins. Students' Welfare Association.
- KAPATAKKHA- jessore.
- LOHALIA - Bauphal thana Students organization.
- ARSHIANAGAR-Greater Kushtia and Kushtia Polytechnic Students' Welfare Association.
- Gungchill - Students organization from the Chittagong Division.
- Chandradip -Barisal divisional student organisation.
- Karnofully -Cittagong divisional polytechnics student organisation.
- SUNDARBAN - Khulna divisional student organisation.
- JAMUNA - Sirajganj district student organisation.
- PADMA - Rajshahi Division student organisation.
- Bhasani Setu-bandhan - student welfare association of TANGAIL.
- Sopno Sagar-student welfare association of dinajpur.
- Vawall - student welfare association of Gazipur.
- Mathamohori-student welfare association of Feni.
- Kashbon - student welfare association of Greater Mymensingh.
Central Students' Union, DUET
Central Students' Union, DUET is an organization representing students, all students at the institute are members. Most of the office bearers are students of the university and are directly elected by the students for a one-year term. Teacher office bearers are nominated by the VC of the university.
- Presidency University (PU)
- Islamic University of Technology (IUT)
- Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET)
- Khulna University of Engineering and Technology (KUET)
- Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology (RUET)
- Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET)
- Official DUET website
- Admission information
- Yellow Page
- http://www.exduetstudents.com un-Official DUET ex-students website
- http://www.decbd.info un-Official DUET Engineers Club website
- http://lib.duet.ac.bd DUET central library
- http://www.programmingsoln.blogspot.com [ACM Program Solution Blog]