Dhanekhali (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Type||Reserved for SC|
|Lok Sabha constituency||28. Hooghly|
|Electorate (year)||222,502 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 197 Dhanekhali (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (SC) is composed of the following: Belmuri, Bhastara, Dashghara I, Dashghara II, Dhanekhali I, Dhanekhali II, Gurap, Gurbari I, Gurbari II, Khajurdaha Milki, Mandra, Somaspur I and Somaspur II gram panchayats of Dhaniakhali community development block, and Babnan, Dadpur, Makalpur and Satithan gram panchayats of Polba-Dadpur community development block.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Dhanekhali |
|Forward Bloc||Srabani Sarkar||84,252||42.89||-20.46|
|BJP||Kripa Sindhu Roy||4,334||2.21|
|CPI(ML) Liberation||Tarun Bauldas||4,276||2.18|
|AITMC gain from Forward Bloc||Swing||34.99#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||1||12|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 1, constituencies abolished – 2
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Ajit Patra of Forward Bloc won the Dhaniakhali assembly seat defeating Jitendra Nath Sarkar of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Kripa Sindu Saha of Forward Bloc defeated Asima Patra representing Trinamool Congress in 2001 and Congress in 1996 and 1991, and Kashinath Patra of Congress in 1987, 1982 and 1977.
Kashi Nath Patra of Congress won in 1972. Kashi Nath Roy of CPI(M) won in 1971. Kripa Sindhu Saha of Forward Bloc won in 1969 and 1967. Birendra Chaudhury of Congress won in 1962. In 1957 Dhaniakhali was a double seat. It was won by Radha Nath Das and D.N.Mukherjee, both of Congress. In independent India’s first election in 1951 the Dhaniakhali seat was won by Dhirendra Narayan Mukherjee of Congress.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "Dhanekhali". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Dhanekhali. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Dhanekhali. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "191 - Dhaniakhali (SC) Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-01.