May 29, 1984
San Francisco, California U.S.A.
|Education||Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Minor in Political Science|
|Alma mater||University of California, Davis|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, CEO of JetSetLife|
|Home town||San Francisco, California|
Mann’s first business venture was a real estate mortgage brokerage company, which he started at age 19 while attending the University of California, Davis. The early success of the venture led him to drop out of college, though he returned to complete his degree. He graduated from the University of California, Davis with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and a minor in Political Science in 2007.
His parents own, and he helps to run, the largest taxicab company in Oakland. In 2008 he opened MannEdge, a luxury transportation company, and in 2009 expanded the company to include exotic vehicles.
He founded WeGrow in 2010 and franchised it to multiple outlets in California, Arizona, and Washington, D.C. In 2011 he was featured on the cover of Mother Jones. In early 2013 he sold all his interests in WeGrow and is no longer affiliated with the company.
In 2014 Mann was convicted of five felony counts of defrauding the City of Oakland by stealing redevelopment funds sourced from California taxpayers. He was sentenced to five years' probation and restitution of $44,399 to the City of Oakland. Oakland's civil suit against Mann is still pending resolution.
Mann is currently engaged to reality TV star and swimsuit designer, Lilly Ghalichi.
- Schwartz, Carly (May 22, 2012). "Dhar Mann, Oakland 'Ganja-preneur,' Charged With Defrauding City". Huffington Post. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Pot superstore opens in Arizona". Rolling Stone. April 12, 2011. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Kurtzleben, Danielle (April 6, 2012). "Your Friendly Neighborhood Pot-Growing Store". U. S. News. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Downs, David (February 7, 2014). "Oakland's Loudest Ganjapreneur Dhar Mann Gets Five Years Probation for Fraud". East Bay Express. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Lilly Ghalichi's fianice Dhar Mann sets the record straight on past legal issues". Rumorfix. April 17, 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- Fraley, Malaika (February 6, 2014). ""Ganjapreneur" Dhar Mann sentenced to 5 years probation for defrauding Oakland". Oakland Tribune (InsideBayArea.com). Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Artz, Matthew (October 18, 2012). "Oakland files fraud suit against taxi mavens". Oakland Tribune (San Jose Mercury News). Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Shahs of Sunset's Lilly Ghalichi makes sure people notice her '$1.2 million' engagement ring during dinner date with fiance Dhar Mann". The Daily Mail. April 9, 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2014.