Dharamsinh Desai University
|Dharmsinh Desai University|
|Chancellor||N. D. Desai|
|Vice-Chancellor||H. M. Desai|
|Undergraduates||600 every year|
|Postgraduates||100 every year|
|Location||Nadiad, Gujarat, India|
|Website||Dharmsinh Desai University|
Dharmsinh Desai Institute of Technology was founded in 1968 by Dharmsinh Dadubhai Desai, who then was a member of Parliament, as an institution of higher learning in the field of Engineering and Technology. It achieved autonomous status under Gujarat University in 1991, and Deemed University status in June 2000.
In 2005 the institute achieved full university status and was renamed as Dharmsinh Desai University (DDU). The university started a bachelor's course in Dental Surgery from 2005. It is the first university of Gujarat to get permission of start a Nanotechnology course from 2012.
DDU achieved autonomous university status in 1991 which meant it could conduct exams and not follow the parent university, Gujarat University, examination schedule (though the degree certificate awarded still retained the name of Gujarat University). It achieved a Deemed University status in June 2000, which meant that the degree certificates show that they are awarded from DDIT. In April 2005, DDIT achieved full university status and was renamed DDU, an abbreviation for Dharmsinh Desai University.
The faculty has links with industries such as Reliance Industries for R & D, KHS Germany for training students abroad, and Infosys for students training under the campus network. It has a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Iowa, USA, for the BE+MS five-year integrated program.
|Engineering – India|
|* Limited participation|
The Faculty of Technology of DDU was ranked 95 th in the Survey of outlook,2011-12.
Faculty of Technology 
The Faculty of Technology of DDU is headed by Dean D. G. Panchal. The Faculty of Technology has been recognised as Anchor Institute for the Chemical and Petrochemical Sector by Industries Commission of Gujarat State. It established the Shah-Schulman Centre for Surface Science and Nanotechnology with Prof. D O Shah as its founding director. The centre has been sanctioned by the Department of Industries and Mines, Government of Gujarat and has industries like Asian Paints Ltd. and Sun Pharmaceuticals Ltd. as its industrial founding members. H. B. Dave was the first head of the Computer Science department.
Doctoral programme 
The university offers a doctoral programme in Engineering/Technology, Management and Applied Sciences.
Student Activities 
The university has several Technical Student Clubs like CSI (Computer Society of India), IEEE and IETE. The university also had a tabloid of its own - DDU Connect, a by the students, for the students avocation. Moreover, every year, there's a Tech Fest and Cultural Fest organized by the students here.
Notable alumni 
- Manish Mathuria, co-founder and CTO of InfoStretch
- Manish Sheladia, co-founder of CIGNEX Technologies (Acquired by Datamatics Global Services)
- "List of Universities in Gujarat". University Grants Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2007-06-08. Retrieved 2007-06-27.
- DDU University profile
- "Best Engineering colleges 2012". India Today. 8 June 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Top Engineering Colleges". Outlook India. 16 June 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "India's Top Engineering Colleges 2012 (DQ-CMR T-Schools Survey 2012)". archive.dqindia.com/. Dataquest. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- "CSR-GHRDC Engineering Colleges Survey 2012" (PDF). Competition Success Review (Competition Success Review and the Global Human Resources Development Centre): 1–6. July 2012.
- "InfoStretch Leadership". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Manish Mathuria Profile". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "CIGNEX Leadership". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "DDU Alumni Awards for 2010-11". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|