Dharamsinh Desai University
|Dharmsinh Desai University|
|Chancellor||N. D. Desai|
|Vice-Chancellor||H. M. Desai|
|Undergraduates||600 every year|
|Postgraduates||100 every year|
|Location||Nadiad, Gujarat, India|
|Website||Dharmsinh Desai University|
Dharmsinh Desai Institute of Technology was founded in 1968 by Dharmsinh Dadubhai Desai, who then was a member of Parliament, as an institution of higher learning in the field of Engineering and Technology. It achieved autonomous status under Gujarat University in 1991, and Deemed University status in June 2000.
In 2005 the institute achieved full university status and was renamed as Dharmsinh Desai University (DDU). The university started a bachelor's course in Dental Surgery from 2005. It is the first university of Gujarat to get permission of start a Nanotechnology course from 2012. In November 2013, The organization in UK, the 'Oxford Summit of Leaders', chose Dharamsinh Desai University as the best regional university. This is the first time the Oxford group has given this award to a university outside Europe.
DDU achieved autonomous university status in 1991 which meant it could conduct exams and not follow the parent university, Gujarat University, examination schedule (though the degree certificate awarded still retained the name of Gujarat University). It achieved a Deemed University status in June 2000, which meant that the degree certificates show that they are awarded from DDIT. In April 2005, DDIT achieved full university status and was renamed DDU, an abbreviation for Dharmsinh Desai University.
The faculty has links with industries such as Reliance Industries for R & D, KHS Germany for training students abroad, and Infosys for students training under the campus network. It has a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Iowa, USA, for the BE+MS five-year integrated program.
The University further signed a MoU with Bosch-Rexroth in 2013, under which special labs and training opportunities will be made available for students studying in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering and Instrumentation and Control Engineering.
|Engineering – India|
|* Limited participation|
- Manish Sheladia, co-founder of CIGNEX Technologies (Acquired by Datamatics Global Services)
- Shital Mehta, Chief Executive Officer, Pantaloons Fashion & Retail Ltd (part of Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd.)
- Dr. Dinesh O. Shah, Founding Director Shah-Schulman Center for Surface Science and Nanotechnology, Dharmsinh Desai University, College Road, Nadiad-387001, Gujarat, India And Center for Surface Science and Engineering and Professor Emeritus Department of Chemical Engineering and Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 32611, USA.
- Prof. H.S. Mazumdar, Head of R&D centre.
- "List of Universities in Gujarat". University Grants Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2007-06-08. Retrieved 2007-06-27.
- DDU University profile
- Nadiad university honoured by British group
- "Best Engineering colleges 2014". India Today. 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Top Engineering Colleges". Outlook India. 16 June 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "India's Top Engineering Colleges 2012 (DQ-CMR T-Schools Survey 2012)". archive.dqindia.com/. Dataquest. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- "GHRDC-CSR Engineering Colleges Survey 2013" (PDF). Competition Success Review (Competition Success Review and the Global Human Resources Development Centre): 1–6. July 2013.
- "InfoStretch Leadership". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Manish Mathuria Profile". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "CIGNEX Leadership". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "DDU Alumni Awards for 2010–11". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd. Board & management team". Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Shital Mehta of MF&L appointed as CEO, Pantaloon Fashion Retail Limited". Retrieved 23 Jan 2013.