23 May 1934|
|Died||19 September 2009
|Alma mater||University of Tirana|
|Notable work(s)||Përsëri në këmbë|
Dhimitër Xhuvani (1934–2009) was an Albanian writer and screenwriter.
Dhimitër Xhuvani was born in 1934 in Pogradec, Albania. His father, Kostaq Xhuvani, was a respected teacher from Elbasan. In 1944 during the World War II his family fled from Pogradec and took refuge in Mokër where they stayed until their country was liberated, after which they moved to Elbasan. After finishing medical high-school he worked in the rural hospitals of Librazhd, Peqin, Gramsh and Cërrik. After leaving medicine he continued his studies in the Faculty of History and Philology in Tiranë and later in Moscow.
Dhimitër is the winner of many literary awards and his work has been translated in many languages including Italian, French, English, Russian, Japanese and Chinese.
- Kambanat e fundit (1958)
- Midis dy netëve (1962)
- Tuneli (1966)
- Përsëri në këmbë (1970)
- Fan Smajli (1971)
- Zgjimi i Nebi Surrelit (1976)
- Do të jetojmë ndryshe (1979)
- Vdekja e zotit Kaloti (1981)
- Bota ime (1984)
- "Dhimiter Xhuvani". Tiranachat.net. 21 December 2008. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Zemra Shqiptare. "Zemra Shqiptare". Zemra Shqiptare. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Arlind Nushi. "/ ShqiperiaPress.com – Vdes shkrimtari i njohur Dhimitër Xhuvani". Albaniapress.com. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
|This article about a writer or poet from Albania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|