|Nickname(s): A New Gujarat within Gujarat|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Dholera is a town in Gujarat, India. Dholera is an ancient port-city in Gulf of Khambhat, 30 km. from Dhandhuka village of Ahmedabad district. One of the original six temples built by Swaminarayan is located here. Dholera would be developed into a mega city by 2025, which would be 6 times the size of Shanghai.
National Highway 8 connects the Dholera Special Investment Region with Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar and Mumbai. Dholera itself has good connectivity with National Highway (NH) 8 (Anand) and 8A (Bagodra), augmenting Bagodra -Bhavnagar, Bagodra- Surendranagar- Radhanpur.
As a part of the Golden Quadrilateral, the 500 km Mumbai-Ahmedabad-Vadodara Express way connects the region.
The nearest broad-gauge connection is Bhavnagar (34 km).
Dholera SIR is a major project under the DMIC Project with an aim to make it a global manufacturing hub supported by world class infrastructure.
Project goals in next five years are:
- To double the employment potential (14.87% CAGR)
- Triple industrial output (24.57% CAGR)
- Quadruple the exports from the region (31.95% CAGR)
The city would be built as world class city, with a 10 lane express way running between the city from the state capital Ahmedabad to the container port. It would be the world largest urban development project worth $12 billion.
Location and accessibility
- Total area 920 sq.km
- Developable are 567.39 sq.km
- High Access Corridor: City Center, Industrial, Logistic, Knowledge & IT, Recreation & Sports, Entertainment
- World-class infrastructure & connectivity: within & outside
- Central spine express way & Metro Rail to link the SIR with mega cities
- Airport & Sea Port in the vicinity
- Proximity to mega cities: Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Vadodara
- Benefit of sea coast, nature park, golf course
- Premium civic amenities
- Close to Guajrat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT)
- Close to Petro-chemicals and Petroleum Inv. Region (PCPIR)
- Empowered mechanism for administration
- Autonomy in operations
- Freedom in planning
- Commitment to adopt best practices
- Full potential for private sector participation
- Fully developed environment & framework for PPP
- Environmental clearance was given by the government on July 30, 2014.
- Singapore Based Capitaland Investment Trust along through its Indian arm Isobar Global Holdings has reportedly acquired 3000 acres of land within Dholera SIR to develop state of art logistical hub.
- Mahindra Lifespace Developers Limited (MLDL), the real estate and infrastructure development arm of the Mahindra Group plans to develop Business City in the Mahindra World City format at Dholera Special Investment Region spread across 3000 acres.
- Sabeer Bhatia’s company Nano Works Developer Gujarat Pvt Ltd, has entered into MOU with Govt of Gujarat to acquire 1500 acres.
- British infrastructure development Halcrow was contracted as the master planners. Cisco and IBM have got the contract to develop Dholera as a smart city. This means, Dholera Sir will have a centralised digital control of all infrastructural facilities such as water, power and gas traffic through an underground sensor system reporting to a central control room.
Work is expected to start by early 2015 in phases.
- "Dholera Dham". Official Dholera Swaminarayan Temple website. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- "Project Goals of SIR". Dholera SIR. GIDB. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Overview of Dholera SIR". Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board (GIDB). Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Annual Report Mahindra Lifespaces 2010-2011". Mahindra Lifespaces. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Infra Projects Shelved by Dholera SIR". The Times Of India. The Times Of India. 29 December 2012. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "India's First SIR". Business Standard. Business Standard. 16 January 2012. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
|This article about a location in Ahmedabad district, Gujarat, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|