A lake near Dhone
|Elevation||398 m (1,306 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Dhone has an average elevation of 398 meters (1309 feet).
Dhone was formerly known as Dronachalam. Dhone is one of the biggest municipalities in Kurnool district. According to local tradition, the name of the village is derived from the name of the tutor Dronacharya, a character in Mahabharatha, who meditated on the hill in village. There is now a Hanuman temple, Dargah and church on the hill. Dhone has large deposits of high quality limestone, and it was previously the site of an active quarry. The quarry is no longer in operation. The oldest temple in Dhone is Sri Pathabugga, which was constructed in 1943.
- Sri.Buganna Rajendranath Reddy[YCP] is the MLA from the Dhone costitution representing YSR congress party with majority of nearly 11,000 votes in 2014 elections.
- K.E.Krishnamurthy was the Ex.MLA ( Member of the Legislative Assembly (India) ) representing Dhone assembly constituency of Kurnool district from Telugu Desam Party political parties.
- Smt.Kotla Sujathamma(Congress) was Ex.MLA(2004) of Dhone constituency.
- Sri Pathabugga Temple
- Sri Vigneshwara Swamy Temple
- Sri Venkateshwara Swamy Temple
- Sri Durga Devi Temple
- Sri Vijayakanadurga Temple
- Ayyappa Temple
- Sri Kanyakaparameshwari Temple
- Sri Rama Temple
- Sri Raghavendra Swamy Temple
- Sri Hanuman Temple
- Sri Veera Brahmendra Swamy Temple
- Sri Mukteshwara Temple
- Sri Sunkulamma Devi temple
- Sri Datatreya Swamy Temple
- Sri Thirumala Anjaneya Swamy Temple
Dhone is an important town in the education sector. There are:
- 3 Degree Colleges,
- 6 Junior Colleges,
- 1 B.ed College,
- 3 TTC Colleges,
- 2 ITI Colleges,
- 4 Corporate Schools and Number of Govt and Private schools.
Dhone's railway station was built during British rule of India. Dhone is located within the South Central Railway zone. It is one of the biggest junctions in Kurnool District; trains from Guntur to Guntakal and Tirupath to Secundrabad must pass through Dhone.
Dhone has bus station situated near National Highway 7. There is also a bus depot.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dhone.|