|Stable release||0.9.2 / January 18, 2014|
Diakonos is a customizable curses-based text editor. It was developed with the intention of being easier to configure and use than Emacs, more powerful than Pico and Nano, and not as cryptic as vi or ex.
Diakonos uses the common Macintosh/Windows keyboard shortcuts - Ctrl-C to copy, Ctrl-V to paste, Ctrl-O to open a file, Ctrl-S to save and so on, instead of the more idiosyncratic key combinations used by many other console-based editors.
Diakonos is written in Ruby, and hence needs Ruby installed.
- scripting in any language
- macro recording and playback
- grep as you type
- multi-element clipboard
- multi-level undo
- parsed ("smart") indentation
- bookmarking, named and unnamed
- regular expression searching
- a customizable status line
- limited ctags support