From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up dial, dialed, or dials in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Not to be confused with a diol, a chemical containing two hydroxyl groups.
Dial may refer to:
- -dial, the suffix for dialdehydes (a molecule with two aldehyde groups)
- 'dial.' can be an abbreviation for 'dialect'
- Dial (measurement), a display device in radio, measuring instruments, etc.
- Dial Corporation, a consumer products company that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Henkel AG & Co. KGaA.
- Dial (soap), a brand of antibacterial soap and related products
- Dial, West Virginia, a community in the United States
- Dial House (disambiguation), various
- Dial Records (disambiguation), various
- Dial Press, a publishing house founded in 1923 by Lincoln MacVeagh
- Dunedin International Airport Limited, New Zealand
- Delhi International Airport (P) Limited, Delhi, India
- Mode dial, part of dSLR and SLR-like digital cameras
- Rotary dial, a device for the input of numbers in telephones and similar devices
- A sundial or clock face
- The Dial, an American magazine published intermittently from 1840 to 1929
- DIAL, an acronym for Differential Absorption LIDAR
- DIscovery And Launch, an open protocol developed by Netflix and Google designed for multimedia playback on remote screens. Competes with other protocols like Apple's AirPlay and Wi-Fi Alliance's Miracast.
Its original meaning was sundial and/or clock dial, from Latin diālis meaning daily, or concerning the day, because of its use in telling the time of day.
- Dialling, usually means to make a telephone call by operating its rotary dial
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.