|Traded as||OTCQB: DLGC|
|Founded||1984, Montreal, Canada|
Milpitas, California, U.S.
|Key people||Kevin Cook
(President and CEO)
(Executive Vice President and CFO)
|Products||Bandwidth Optimization Solutions
Session Border Controllers
Dialogic Inc. is a communications technologies company. It was founded in 1984 and has been headquartered in Milpitas, California since 2010. Dialogic products are sold directly to service providers worldwide as well as through a large network of distributors, resellers and partners, and supplied to OEMs.
The company was founded in 1984 as Eicon Networks Corporation in Montreal, Canada. The original 'Dialogic' was bought by Intel in 1999 and run as the Media & Signaling Division. In October 2006, Eicon bought the Media & Signaling Division of Intel and then changed its name to Dialogic.
Since the formation of the new 'Dialogic' other competitors in the same industry have been acquired and merged into the company, including NMS Communications and Cantata. The latter was itself a collection of companies including Brooktrout and the Excel Switching Corporation.
May 2010 saw Dialogic announcing a merger with San Jose, California-based Veraz Networks, a company interesting for its SBC and compression technology. The resulting company would retain the name Dialogic, and Nick Jensen as overall CEO. That same year, Dialogic moved its headquarters to Milpitas, California.
In September 2011, Dialogic announced the launch of its Solution Showcase, which highlights a variety of communications solutions, including mobile value-added services, cloud-based business communications solutions and unified communications solutions that are built on Dialogic technology.
On August 10, 2012, the Dialogic Board of Directors appointed Kevin Cook as President and CEO of Dialogic. It was announced that former CEO Nick Jensen would remain as a member of the Dialogic Board and will assume the role of non-executive Vice Chairman.
Dialogic offers a range of products including Bandwidth Optimization solutions, Session Border Controllers, Media Servers, Media Gateways, Softswitches, Media Boards (voice ) and Signalling products. There are also a variety of products serving legacy markets like X.25 (Eiconcard) and consumer ISDN.
Bandwidth Optimization Solutions
Dialogic I-Gate 4000 Session Bandwidth Optimizer products are standalone systems that optimize network traffic and reduce bandwidth requirements. These products make the most efficient use of current infrastructures and deliver optimization over any transport (fiber, copper, microwave or satellite. 2G, 3G, LTE or VOIP) on mobile and wireline networks. The Dialogic I-Gate 4000 Session Bandwidth Optimizer –Mobile Backhaul (I-Gate 4000 SBO-MB) can optimize bandwidth and increase bandwidth capacity significantly in the backhaul segments of both 2G and 3G mobile networks. It won the Mobility Tech Zone Wireless Backhaul Distinction Award in 2011.
Session Border Controllers
BorderNet SBCs provide multimedia connectivity, security, service assurance, optimization and border management capabilities along with regulatory compliance features. In April 2012, the BorderNet 4000 SBC was awarded a Performance Verification designation from Miercom, an independent test lab, for its overall performance, scalability and resiliency.
Dialogic’s PowerMedia™ XMS is a cloud-ready media server that addresses server-side media processing issues faced in WebRTC deployment for application developers, enterprises, integrators and telecom carriers. Key capabilities include multi-party conferencing, transcoding, WebRTC-to-SIP network media interworking, recording, stream processing & analysis, and person-to-machine applications. Common use cases include video conferencing, WebRTC media gateway, IMS MRF, audio and video transcoding, WebRTC enabling retail video kiosks, IVR, announcements, and a variety of other web-oriented and traditional business and consumer applications. PowerMedia XMS is runs on a variety of hypervisor environments for easy deployment into virtualized environments, including Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and existing public and private clouds. Standard media control interfaces such as MSML, VXML, NetAnn, MRCP, JSR 309 and RESTful API allow rapid integration with existing applications and infrastructure. The PowerMedia XMS allows carriers to utilize increasingly influential WebRTC. PowerMedia XMS aides network operators and application developers to provide click-to-communicate sessions without additional hardware, proprietary software clients or plug-ins. It also normalizes WebRTC specifications at the IMS level and delivers a seamless, native experience for end users. Using IMS, IMS-like and 4G/LTE architectures, the PowerMedia XMS facilitates the integration of WebRTC technology into the existing folds of communication technology, and allows for the development of new Web-based applications.
For the service provider market, there is the Integrated Media Gateway (IMG). The Vision CX gateway is a 3G-324M video gateway, capable of converting IP media video media (for example MPEG-4) to the format required for 3G mobile phones. The Dialogic Media Gateway (DMG) is a range of appliances addressing the needs of enterprises, combining SIP and PSTN technologies.
The Dialogic ControlSwitch System is an IP softswitch that provides a smooth migration path from existing TDM voice networks to the Next Generation Network/IP Multimedia Subsystem (NGN/IMS) by enabling the interconnection of a mix of traditional and IP-based voice networks. The ControlSwitch System is built around an advanced modular, programmable, distributed, highly scalable, and high availability architecture with open interfaces to media devices, application servers, and back office systems. The ControlSwitch System can integrate with a service provider's existing back office and includes built-in real-time service level assurance and revenue protection mechanisms.
Several product families of media boards (from different company acquisitions) are still in production, including DM3, JCT, Diva, CG, Brooktrout TR. The boards cover a range of technologies including E1/T1, VoIP and so on.
Signaling products are to connect to networks that support SS7, and include the Signaling Interface Unit (SIU), DSI and TX boards and protocol stacks.
In June 2013, they won the American Technology Award for Telecommunications.
In January 2013 they won CTI Forum Editor’s Choice Awards for Media Gateway Technology and Mobile Video Solutions.
In February 2014 Dialogic received 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award. 
- Dunlap, Tom (July 13, 1999). "Intel completes Dialogic merger". Cnet. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Eicon Networks to Purchase Intel's Media and Signaling Business" (Press release). Intel. August 9, 2006. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Dialogic Corporation Enters into Agreement to Acquire NMS Communications Platforms Business" (Press release). Newswire. September 15, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Dialogic Corporation Acquires Cantata Through Purchase of EAS Group, Inc." (Press release). OpenPR. April 4, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Franchina, Lisa (October 21, 2005). "Excel Switching Corp. Hooks Brooktrout, Inc. in merger". TMCnet. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Brooktrout to Acquire SnowShore Networks" (Press release). PR Newswire. March 26, 2004. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Veraz Networks and Dialogic Announce Definitive Agreement to Merge" (Press release). Marketwire. May 12, 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- "Dialogic Eyes Video Compression, SBC Market with Veraz Acquisition". TMCNet. Aug 10, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Kevin Cook Appointed as President and CEO of Dialogic
- "Dialogic Wins Mobility Tech Zone Wireless Backhaul Distinction Award" (Press release). Dialogic. November 16, 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-20.
- BorderNet 4000 Session Border Controller maintains 32,000 calls while under attack, earning Performance Verified
- "Dialogic Board Families 2010". Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- Dialogic Earns Ready Now Award at WebRTC Conference & Expo for Showcasing Real-World Implementations
- American Technology Award Winners Announced
- Dialogic Positioned as a Visionary in the Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers
- Dialogic Selected as a Visionary in the Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers
- Dialogic Wins CTI Forum Editor’s Choice Awards for Media Gateway Technology and Mobile Video Solutions
- Announcing the 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award Winners