Diamond Bar High School
|Diamond Bar High School|
|21400 Pathfinder Road
Diamond Bar, California 91765
|School district||Walnut Valley Unified School District|
|Number of students||4,715 (2014)|
|Color(s)||Officially, Purple and gold.
|Athletics conference||Palomares League|
|Rival||Walnut High School|
|Publication||The Bull's Eye|
|Website||Diamond Bar High School|
Diamond Bar High School (DBHS) is located in Diamond Bar, California, and is part of the Walnut Valley Unified School District. The school mascot is the Brahma, and the school colors are purple and gold. Diamond Bar High School students participate in programs such as Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB). During the school year, DBHS received an Academic Performance Index of 870, and 97% of students passed the California High School Exit Exam in 2008-2009. The Brahma Athletic teams will compete in the Palomares League of the CIF Southern Section in 2014-15.
Diamond Bar High School was founded in 1982 and was the growing city's first high school. Diamond Bar High School is part of the Walnut Valley Unified School District, which was established in 1970. Diamond Bar High's first students were residents that lived in south Diamond Bar (specifically residents that lived south of Diamond Bar's Grand Avenue). It is a dividing line that still exists today. Prior to the opening of DBHS, the area's students were bused from Diamond Bar to Walnut High School. Some of the teachers came from Suzanne Middle School, Chaparral Middle School and Walnut High School. The first principal of the school was Walt Holmes, who came to DBHS from North Monterey County High School in Castroville, California, where he also served as principal.
Diamond Bar High School has a relatively rigorous and competitive atmosphere for a public high school. It is ranked 219 on the US News's Best High Schools in the nation and ranked 39 on the best California high schools.
Pathways is an alternate program offered to students. The program offers different courses and class schedules. The curriculum includes a broad range of college preparatory courses and work experience classes.
In March 2013, the Diamond Bar High Symphony Orchestra placed second at the National Orchestra Cup in New York. With the music piece called "Swan Lake," the symphony orchestra amazed the audience, winning several minor awards excluding overall placement.
In April 2013, the Diamond Bar concert percussion ensemble were the Southern California Percussion Alliance PSCO champions (placing first) in San Bernardino, CA, and placed second at the Winter Guard International world championships in Dayton, Ohio. They performed the show, "Star-Crossed Lovers," an arrangement of music surrounding the story of Romeo & Juliet. It was arranged by instructor Gabriel Cobas. In addition, in the same year, the Diamond Bar indoor drumline placed third at the Southern California Percussion Alliance PSA finals, with a show named "Bushido." 
Diamond Bar High School has an award-winning choral program, in which students both compete in show choir competitions around California, and also travel to local colleges and universities to share their vocal skills in festivals. Choirs include Marquis (advanced mixed show choir), Solitaire (intermediate women's show choir), Chamber Choir (advanced mixed chamber), and Diamondtones (concert choir/beginning show choir). Diamond Bar High School has been recognized as the 2014 National Grammy Signature School, thanks to the choral and instrumental music programs at DBHS.
Alex Morgan, 2007 USA National Soccer team.
- Jonathon Amaya, 2006, Football, Miami Dolphins
- Amrapali Ambegaokar,1995, Dancer, Actor, Principal Dancer Cirque Du Soleil, So You Think You Can Dance, Grey's Anatomy
- Mike Burns (baseball pitcher), 1996, Baseball, Cincinnati Reds
- Jim Edmonds, 1988, Baseball, St. Louis Cardinals, Cardinals Hall of Famer
- Bret Lockett, 2005, Football, New England Patriots
- Ryan Wendell, 2004, Football, New England Patriots
- Paula Miranda, model and actress
- Alex Morgan, 2007, Soccer, 2012 London Olympic gold medalist
- Kevin Na, 2001, Golf, PGA and international competitions
- Donte Nicholson, 2000, Football, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Keith Van Horn, 1993, Basketball, Dallas Mavericks
- Jason Wright, 2000, Football, Arizona Cardinals
- Teddy Park, 1996, record producer/rapper under YG Entertainment in South Korea, member of Korean hip hop group 1TYM
- Danny Im, 1996, member of Korean hip hop group 1TYM
- Tiffany (South Korean singer), member of Girls' Generation
- Gary Brown, Baseball, San Francisco Giants
- Stephany LaRosa, 2011, national NCAA Freshman of the Year for the UCLA Bruins softball team
- Joseph Ashton, voice actor, known for role as Otto Rocket on Rocket Power
- Rhodes, Cindy (October 20, 2011). "High School Rivalry Still Sizzles". Walnut Patch. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- California Department of Education Accountability Progress Reporting
- California Department of Education DataQuest
- Pathways Communication Academy
- | Miami Dolphins | Playes ::Jonathon Amaya
- The Baseball Cube data
- JockBio: Jim Edmons Biography
- Cleveland Browns | Players ::Bret Lockett
- New England Patriots | Players ::Ryan Wendell
- Los Angeles Times - Golfer Dropping Out of High School for Pros
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers | Players ::Donte Nicholson
- Basketball reference
- Arizona Cardinals | Players ::Jason Wright
- Diamond Bar High School