Diamond Beach, New Jersey
|Diamond Beach, New Jersey|
Map of Diamond Beach CDP in Cape May County
|• Total||0.157 sq mi (0.406 km2)|
|• Land||0.157 sq mi (0.406 km2)|
|• Water||0.000 sq mi (0.000 km2) 0.00%|
|Elevation||7 ft (2 m)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|• Density||868.4/sq mi (335.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||02389406|
Diamond Beach is a census-designated place and unincorporated area located within Lower Township in Cape May County, New Jersey, United States. It is part of the Ocean City Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the United States 2000 Census, the CDP's population was 218.
The most noticeable feature in Diamond Beach is home to many upscale townhouses and Seapointe Village.
|Population sources: 2000 2010|
At the 2010 United States Census, there were 136 people, 71 households, and 46.01 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 868.4 per square mile (335.3 /km2). There were 845 housing units at an average density of 5,395.7 per square mile (2,083.3 /km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 100.00% (136) White, 0.00% (0) Black or African American, 0.00% (0) Native American, 0.00% (0) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 0.00% (0) from other races, and 0.00% (0) from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 0.00% (0) of the population.
There were 71 households of which 9.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.7% were married couples living together, 2.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.2% were non-families. 31.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.92 and the average family size was 2.28.
In the CDP, 6.6% of the population were under the age of 18, 2.2% from 18 to 24, 11.8% from 25 to 44, 42.6% from 45 to 64, and 36.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 60.4 years. For every 100 females there were 94.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 86.8 males.
As of the 2000 United States Census there were 218 people, 103 households, and 73 families residing in the place. The population density was 526.1/km² (1,404.7/mi²). There were 1,017 housing units at an average density of 2,454.2/km² (6,553.3/mi²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 96.33% White, 2.29% African American, 0.92% Asian, and 0.46% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.38% of the population.
There were 103 households out of which 16.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.2% were married couples living together, 7.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.1% were non-families. 24.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.12 and the average family size was 2.47.
In the place the population was spread out with 12.4% under the age of 18, 5.0% from 18 to 24, 17.4% from 25 to 44, 39.4% from 45 to 64, and 25.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 52 years. For every 100 females there were 100.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.0 males.
The median income for a household in the place was $83,787, and the median income for a family was $83,735. Males had a median income of over $100,000 versus $0 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $54,883. None of the population or families were below the poverty line.
Crab House incident
On July 7, 2007, The Crab House and Two-Mile Inn, a popular restaurant that is located just outside what is considered Diamond Beach, had a floor collapse in a V-shape. According to authorities, nine people suffered minor injuries, and were sent to the Cape Regional Medical Center, treated, and released. Authorities also say that there were about 300 people in the immediate area (more than the population of the town) and about 1,000 in the entire restaurant.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 13, 2013.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Diamond Beach Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed October 18, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Diamond Beach CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed October 18, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed October 18, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000 from the Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data for Diamond Beach CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed October 18, 2012.
- The Wildwood Leader serving Diamond Beach
- Nine Injured in Crab House Floor Collapse
- The Cape May Gazette Newspaper
|Beaches of New Jersey||Succeeded by