Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)
|"Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)"|
|Single by Shinedown|
|from the album The Sound of Madness (Deluxe Edition)|
|Released||June 15, 2010|
|Genre||Hard rock, alternative metal|
|Length||Single version: 5:36
Radio edit: 4:34
|Writer(s)||Brent Smith, Dave Bassett|
|Shinedown singles chronology|
"Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)" is a digital single by Shinedown, written for the 2010 film The Expendables. The song was released on iTunes on June 15, 2010, and to online retailers on June 21, 2010. It is the nineteenth track on the deluxe version of The Sound of Madness.
The song was released to U.S. radio on December 7. The song was also used as the secondary theme for WWE's WrestleMania XXVII event and as the song used in Formula One's video review for the 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix. It is a playable song in Harmonix Music Systems' Rock Band Blitz, and thus also compatible with Rock Band 3. This song was used as WWE Main Event opening theme from October 3, 2012 to January 22, 2014.
On the Carnival of Madness Tour, Shinedown lead singer Brent Smith said this about the song:
|“||A few months ago we got a phone call from a very interesting individual. It's not everyday that Rambo and Rocky call you at the same time. Sylvester Stallone wanted a song for his new movie, called The Expendables. He said write me something that will personify not only the South, but what rock truly is.||”|
Despite this, the song did not make it into the theatrical cut of the film. However, the track eventually made its way into the director's cut, which premiered on various On Demand services in April 2011. It plays twice in the extended edition, with the first being during the raid on Garza's compound and the second during the end credits.
|1.||"Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)"||5:36|
|2.||"Breaking Inside" (feat. Lzzy Hale of Halestorm)||3:47|
|3.||"Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)" (Video - Live from Washington State)||5:36|
The music video for "Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)" was released on December 14, 2010. It features a live performance of the song from the Carnival of Madness Tour.
|Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles||11|
|Billboard Mainstream Rock||1|
|Billboard Rock Songs||7|
|Billboard Alternative Songs||17|
- ""Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)"". Atlanticrecords.com. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- "Future Releases on Alternative Radio Stations, Independent Artist Song Releases |". Allaccess.com. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- "Diamond Eyes **Boom Lay Boom** SHINEDOWN -LIVE- 7.7.10". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- "Tops in Music - Rockford, IL". go.rrstar.com. 2011-03-12. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- "Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100(Top 25) March 26, 2011". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- "Shinedown Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Rock Songs for Shinedown. Prometheus Global Media.
- "Shinedown Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Alternative Songs for Shinedown. Prometheus Global Media.