Diamond Trust Bank Group
- Not to be confused with Diamond Bank of Nigeria.
|Traded as||KN: DTK|
|Headquarters||DTB Centre, Mombasa Road, Nairobi, Kenya|
|Key people||Abdul Samji, Chairman
Nasim Devji, Group CEO
|Products||Banks, mortgages investments|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$36.5+ million (KES:2.99 billion) (2011)|
|Total assets||US$992.2+ million (KES:84 billion) (2010)|
The flagship of the Group is Diamond Trust Bank (Kenya), which was founded in 1946. The Group is ranked the 7th largest commercial bank in Kenya. The Group is affiliated with the Habib Bank of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development and the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank. The Group main offices are located in Nairobi, Kenya. The shares of the banking group are listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE) and trade under the symbol: DTK. As of December 2010[update], DTB Group total assets were valued at about US$992.2 million (KES:84 billion). In 2013, Habib Bank announced its intention increase shareholding in Diamond Trust Bank from 11.42% to 26% over a five year period. This would be through the purchase of shares from existing shareholders at the market price.
- Diamond Trust Bank (Kenya) - Retail banking - Nairobi, Kenya 100% Shareholding - A commercial bank in Kenya, serving individuals and businesses. This is the flagship company of the group.
- Diamond Trust Bank (Uganda) - Retail banking - Kampala, Uganda 54.1% Shareholding - A commercial bank in Uganda, serving both individuals and businesses.
- Diamond Trust Bank (Tanzania) - Retail banking - Dar es Salaam, Tanzania 62.9% Shareholding - A commercial bank in Tanzania, serving both individuals and businesses.
- Diamond Trust Bank (Burundi) - Retail banking - Bujumbura, Burundi 67.3% Shareholding - A commercial bank in Bujumbura, serving individuals and businesses.
- Diamond Trust Insurance Agency Limited - Bancassurance - Nairobi, Kenya 100% Shareholding - This unit offers Bancassurance services.
- Diamond Trust Bank (Rwanda) - Retail banking - Kigali, Rwanda - In the process of being set up.
- Premier Savings and Finance Limited - Dormant - Nairobi, Kenya 100% Shareholding.
Associates companies to the group are:
- Jubilee Insurance Company of Burundi - Insurance - Bujumbura, Burundi - 20% Shareholding - An insurance company in Burundi. A member of Jubilee Insurance Company Limited. Jubilee Insurance which shares a common shareholder with Diamond Trust Bank (i.e. AKFED) holds 80% of the venture.
- Services and Systems Limited - Dormant - Nairobi, Kenya - 40% Shareholding.