Dian Hanson (born November 2, 1951) began her publishing career as an American pornographic magazine editor, historian, and occasional model, helping found the 1970s hardcore journal Puritan, then moving on to Partner, OUI, Adult Cinema Review, Outlaw Biker and Big Butt, among others. She was most famously the editor of Juggs and Leg Show sexual fetish magazines from 1987-2001.
Since 2001 Hanson has held the position of Sexy Book editor for art book publisher, Taschen, based in Cologne, Germany, in which capacity she writes or edits all the sexually oriented titles for the company. Recent books include "Vanessa del Rio: 50 Years of Slightly Slutty Behavior" and "The Big Penis Book". She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, novelist Geoff Nicholson.
- Joseph W. Slade, "Pornography and sexual representation: a reference guide III", Greenwood Publishing Group, 2001, ISBN 0-313-31521-3, p.900
- "The Soho Love Goddess", By Marshall Sella, January 31, 2000, New York magazine. Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- "Editing by desire", Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management, November 1, 1996, by Michael Kaplan. Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- (Italian) "Dian Hanson", by Ian Gray, Trax.it. Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- "Crumb", film review by Roger Ebert, November 20, 2005, Chicago Sun Times
- "Dian Hanson", by Michelle Golden, Index Magazine, 2002. Also at Index Magazine site Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- "When nudists swung" Interview by David Bowman about Hanson's book Naked as a Jaybird, 2003-04-11, Salon.com. Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- "The Reigning Queen", by Bob Massey, Baltimore City Paper, September 27, 2006. Retrieved 2007-11-08.
|This pornography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|