Diana Maddock, Baroness Maddock
|The Right Honourable
The Baroness Maddock
|Lady Maddock during the 2009 Liberal Democrat Party Conference|
|Member of Parliament
29 July 1993 – 08 April 1997
|Preceded by||Robert Adley|
|Succeeded by||Christopher Chope|
|Born||31 January 1947|
|Political party||Liberal Democrat|
|Spouse(s)||Sir Alan Beith (2001-)|
Diana Margaret Maddock, Baroness Maddock and Lady Beith (born 31 January 1947) is a Liberal Democrat politician.
Education and Early Career 
Dianna Maddock was educated at the University of Portsmouth and was a teacher of English as a foreign language until she started a family and got involved in politics in the mid-1970s.
Political Career 
Maddock joined the Liberal Party in 1976, and was elected to Southampton City Council in 1984 until she was elected to parliament in 1993. During this time she was leader of the Liberal Democrat group on the council.
She was elected as Member of Parliament for Christchurch at a by-election in 1993 caused by the death of Robert Adley, but lost the seat at the 1997 election to the Conservative candidate Christopher Chope. She was made a life peer as Baroness Maddock, of Christchurch in the County of Dorset, in 1997.
From 1998 to 2000 she was President of the Liberal Democrats.
She was elected a member of Berwick-upon-Tweed Borough Council, for Berwick North ward, in 2005 - as Councillor Diana Beith . The council was abolished in 2009 and the Borough was absorbed into the new unitary authority of Northumberland County Council. In the election for Berwick North ward of the new council, held in May 2008, her successor as the Liberal Democrat candidate was defeated .
Personal Life 
- Miss Diana Derbyshire (1947–?)
- Mrs Diana Maddock (?–1997)
- The Rt. Hon. The Baroness Maddock (1997–2000)
- The Rt. Hon. The Baroness Maddock, Mrs Beith (2000–2008)
- The Rt. Hon. The Baroness Maddock, Lady Beith (2008–)
- The London Gazette: . 4 November 1997. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- Template:Official Liberal Democrat Website
- http://www.andrewteale.me.uk/2005/2005025.html#htoc24. Missing or empty
- "Northumberland County Council Election Results 2008". Northumberland County Council. Retrieved May 2013.
- "Beith to marry Maddock". BBC News. 2000-10-31.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Diana Maddock
- Baroness Maddock profile at the site of Liberal Democrats
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Christchurch
|Party political offices|
|President of the Liberal Democrats
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|