Diane Davis (born 1963) is a post-structuralist rhetorician and professor of Rhetoric and Writing, English, and Communication Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. She is the Director of the Digital Writing and Research Lab at UT and holds the Kenneth Burke Chair of Rhetoric and Philosophy at the European Graduate School in Saas-Fee, Switzerland, where she teaches an intensive summer seminar on Jacques Derrida.
Her work is situated at the intersections of rhetorical theory, continental philosophy, and digital culture.
- Inessential Solidarity: Rhetoric and Foreigner Relations. University of Pittsburgh Press, 2010. ISBN 0-8229-6122-9
- Reading Ronell. Edited collection with an introduction. University of Illinois Press, 2009. ISBN 0-252-07647-8
- Women's Ways of Making It In Rhetoric and Composition. With Michelle Ballif and Roxanne Mountford. Routledge, 2008. ISBN 0-8058-4445-7
- The UberReader: Selected Works of Avital Ronell. Edited collection with introduction. University of Illinois Press, 2008. ISBN 0-252-07311-8
- Breaking Up [at] Totality: A Rhetoric of Laughter. Rhetorical Theory and Philosophy Series. Southern Illinois University Press, 2000. ISBN 0-8093-2228-5
- “Creaturely Rhetorics.” Philosophy and Rhetoric. Special forum on rhetoric and the question of the animal. Forthcoming in fall 2011. 7 mss pp.
- “Greetings: On Levinas and the Wagging Tail.” JAC: A Journal of Composition Theory. Special issue on Levinas. 29.1 (2009): 711-748.
- "Identification: Burke and Freud on Who You Are.” Rhetoric Society Quarterly 38.2 (2008): 123-147.
- "The Fifth Risk: A Response to John Muckelbauer's Response." Philosophy and Rhetoric 40.2 (2007): 248-256.
- "Addressing Alterity: Rhetoric, Hermeneutics, and the Non-Appropriative Relation." Philosophy and Rhetoric 38.3 (2005): 191-212.
- "Diogenes of Sinope." With Victor J. Vitanza. Classical Rhetorics and Rhetoricians. Eds. Michelle Ballif and Michael G. Moran. Praeger Publishers, 2005. 132-136.
- "Finitude’s Clamor; Or, Notes Toward a Communitarian Literacy." College Composition and Communication 53.1 (Sept. 2001): 119-145.
- "Toward an Ethics of Listening." With Michelle Ballif and Roxanne Mountford. JAC: A Journal of Composition Theory 20.4 (2000): 931-942.
- "Negotiating the Differend: A Feminist Trilogue." With Michelle Ballif and Roxanne Mountford. JAC: A Journal of Composition Theory 20.3 (2000): 583-625.
- "Confessions of an Anacoluthon: Avital Ronell on Writing, Technology, Pedagogy, Politics." JAC: Journal of Composition Theory 20.2 (2000): 243-281.
- "Addicted to Love; Or, Toward an Inessential Solidarity." JAC: A Journal of Composition Theory 19.4 (1999): 633-656.
- ^ "Diane Davis Faculty Page at European Graduate School (Biography, bibliography and video lectures)". European Graduate School. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- ^ "Diane Davis at University of Texas at Austin, Department of English". University of Texas at Austin. Retrieved 2010-11-27.