Diane Marie Rodriguez Zambrano
|This article contains translated text and needs attention from someone approaching dual fluency in Spanish and English.
If you have just labeled this page as needing attention, please add
to the bottom of the WP:PNTCU section on Wikipedia:Pages needing translation into English.
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2014)|
Diane Marie Rodríguez Zambrano (March 16, 1982, Guayaquil - Ecuador) is an activist Transgender 'male to female - MTF' in human rights, sexuality, LGBT rights in Ecuador and post-feminist which is currently the Chair-Transgender of the "Association Silueta X" and representative of "Observatory LGBTI of Ecuador". In 2009 created a legal precedent in favor of Trans population, to sue the Civil Registry to change their names Masculine Luis Benedicto to feminine Diane Marie  During the General Elections in Ecuador 2013, became the first candidate openly transgender and even LGBTI in run for elected office in Ecuador 
- 1 Biography
- 2 Activism
- 2.1 Incidence work
- 2.2 Legal advocacy
- 2.3 Impact Media
- 2.4 Impact on authorities
- 2.5 Social impact
- 2.6 Advocacy
- 2.7 Political rally
- 2.8 Presidency of Ecuador
- 2.9 Discrimination Vs Freedom of Expression
- 3 International representation
- 4 Awards and honors
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
In her 18 -year-old began his life activist and the 2000 with extinct foundation "Amigos por la Vida" of the city of Guayaquil . In this organization to volunteering, and was devoted initially as Secretary of the Foundation´s president. After a year, she began to connect with other youth groups NGO's. He championed along with other young LGBTI processes related to sexual orientation and HIV/AIDS in the first bill of youth, promoted at the time by the "house of youth" of the old ministry of "social welfare" of Ecuador.
After several years, directly contact the "Kimirina corporation" to participate as a field researcher in the "Needs Assessment in transgender populations "which would reaffirm his hypothesis of situational state of transgender people in those years. The results of the study were shown publicly after a year.
Diane Rodriguez, all those years developed the activism LGBT rights in Ecuador parallel to college life in the career of Commercial Engineering who left in 2nd year by bullying and the various companies where she worked. Your social process did not abandon despite being trapped by the everyday system.
In 2006 with the support of "transgender project" of Quito, created in the city of Guayaquil the community-based organization (CBO): "Future Community", an organization in order to focus on specialized local activism identity gender. This proposal arises from the confusion and in turn the need of its founders, to separate the issues: sexual orientation of the gender identity. The organization she founded, failed at 6 months constituted from the perspective of "GayPatriarchy - gaytriarcado"(a term coined by Diane Rodriguez in 2012) that unlegitimized their work.
Serving 26 years for the second time creates the "Girl Band Silhouette X (Silueta X)", whose nomination comes from the questioning before the system Kish - Straight, regulated activities on this occasion had such an impact that they are even came to an interview in the Daily Spectator of Colombia, that positioning the trans e intrsex activism in Ecuador.
In 2010 it approved the project "Social inclusion of young Transgendered and transgender is trained to micro - enterprises, decreasing the poverty, the sex work and proliferation HIV/AIDS", which gave the opportunity to register the organization legally and pass the "girl group Silhouette X" to "Silueta X Association" .
In February 2012, she was kidnapped after leaving the offices of "Silueta X", during the space of four hours. Criminals knew Diane Rodriguez and her work. The event was strategically minded, then four months consummated fact received a call indicating that the next time would not go unscathed.
The financial loss was not a serious injury, compared with attempts to rape, who suffered. The bad experience that almost cost him his life, was reported in the respective state attorney general's office of the city of Guayaquil. He suffered from PTSD for almost two months.
In 2008, to be laboring in the "Hotel Oro Verde" of Guayaquil, is unexpectedly fired by the hotel chain hotel. Although it was the 3rd company that did this with Diane Rodriguez, had never filed a legal complaint due to lack of knowledge on laws that had acquired at this time, which allowed him to file a legal complaint against the company for employment discrimination. Speculation employment discrimination arises because a day before the "Girl Band Silueta X" was developed by the Kimirina corporation and the "ministry of economic and social inclusion of Ecuador", a panel discussion entitled: "Increasing HIV/AIDS in young transgender" and the event, "the transgender and capabilities", held at the zonal government of Guayaquil. That day was covered by various media and therein Diane Rodriguez and publicly participated (at that time as transvestite) and who were also employees of the hotel "Oro Verde". Diane Rodriguez followed a legal process to hotel, laying the first precedent in the Ecuador, in which LGBTI, discrimination lawsuit a public private company.
This quarrel continued until 2009, which was not seeking damages, compensation is monetary or in kind, because the complaint was filed to be reinstated to his old job as a cashier, except accept his gender identity female, and go about their daily work as a lady. Public hearings from the Ombudsman to the hotel were prolonged to the point of indicating that they could not accept it, because his self-definition of female, did not agree with their identity legal, in which it described as male and the legal names of Benedict Luis Rodriguez Zambrano, and this hotel provided legal insecurity.
The legal requirements of the hotel to reinstate her to work, the drive to implement the campaign: "female with female names" unleashing the legal implications on trans issues interest in this country. With the "Constitution of the Republic of Ecuador" of 2008 in its favor; which first entered the"gender identity" initiates a legal complaint against the "civil status" because it denies the request to change their names from male to female.
His second battle legal, translates in her favor, after several internal adjustments of the "Civil Registration" with the Ombudsman in February 2009, making this achievement in the first legal precedent in the Republic of Ecuador  in trangender identity, it creates law, to establish access to the change of names Masculine to feminine or vice versa for transgender, transsexual and intersex people.
After partially meet the legal demands of the hotel company, continues with the first filed legal complaint, ignoring the change of its female names for later testify in open court, that the hotel was bad economically and were downsizing. This stalled the process of legal employment discrimination complaint because they could not incorporate it to work, by economic arguments. The hotel promised to locate another company to Diane Rodriguez, which never materialized. Later, another complaint was presented to the Ombudsman's Office, where it was found that the hotel months after the legal process, he was in search of new cashiers to work in the same hotel company. The continuous case open and so far, there is no resolution legal thereof by the Ombudsman's Office of Ecuador.
Completing this year, through a protective action against the Civil Registration, other legal process starts on this occasion to demand recognition of their female gender identity, sponsored by the Ombudsman's Office. However, months after he was denied the action for defense by the first civil court. The judicial record of the complaint, after this result, instead of continuing to the provincial court, stagnates when dilated by the Ombudsman's Office, lost his case for sex change in the identity card, after a couple years 
For the first time, after having had a bad report with the Extra Journal in 2009 with the headline "I'm going to marry a black and adopt 3 children" whereby Diane Rodriguez, made public its complaint against daily, comes to terms with it, to make "positive reports Silueta X" which initially started nine transgender members of Silueta X, with points in the photographic studio of the Journal, and subsequently standardized good stories, not only in that environment, but it influenced the context.
The initial aim was to position the trans issue within the country through the medium of communication was most widely read as this environment, achieving in this way the visibility of activities inherent to LGBTI issues, like no other media had done. Later an awards ceremony, where the biggest winner was the medium who had previously had disputes were made.
In developing the 2010 complained to the authorities and had media uptake on Census population of INEC (National Institute of Statistics and Censuses) of Ecuador, due to the lack of advice and unwillingness register in the same populations LGBTI, especially those transgender, that having been born in one sex living in another genre. The trans and intersex endpoint was great demand as identified as the man born and live as women or vice versa, is to falsify information. The demands sustained that trans and intersex people do not belong to neither, getting lost in that census the opportunity to make a statistic LGBTI. In the same year, conducted the study "Psycho- social about sex work among transgender and transsexual youth 15 to 29 years in the city of Guayaquil during 2010", which had an impact local. Regarding their results, due to the approach to prostitution trans
It lapsing 2011 Diane Rodriguez, got the attention of the Ministry of Interior and police community, by proposing a joint effort with the transgender population. The approach, part from the various complaints of trans partners who performed sex work, who expressed the abuse of some policemen. Thus begins the inter - institutional agreements with the authorities and get to the first "awareness workshops in sexuality and género", in order to reduce stigma and discrimination against prostitutes and transgender sex workers in Guayaquil.
The magazine was intended to give the necessary attention to the transgender population in the different aspects of everyday life such as health, education, employment, violence, including trans specificities. Publication of the journal was kept for two years in a row, reaching the trans population in general.
My gender My ID card
Launches "My gender campaign in my ID Card (Mi Género Mi Cédula in Spanish)", with the Project Transgender, CONFETRANS, Peppermint Foundation, Articulation feminist building equality and Silueta X Association, in order to land the Article 11 paragraph 2 of the constitution of the Republic of Ecuador on reforms to the Act Civil Registration. Such demands for gender identity, born after legal complaint filed the civil registry for sex change in the identity, then the Ombudsman of Quito, indicated that his proceedings against the registry so that your gender is recognized in the identity card was lost, dilation
The "My gender on my identity card" campaign - a point of exercising citizenship, had a positive impact on the Ecuadorian context and in the assembly, which in the first instance the whole, the bill passed with 75% in favor in December 2012. However, now the bill is suspended, with the possibility to be vetoed. This new panorama, born to confusion by far-right groups with the theme of gay marriage, which although is another important topic for LGBTI, had nothing to do whatsoever with the amendments to the Act Civil Registry.
It's time for equality
Launch the campaign in June 2013, "It's time for equality, for freedom from discrimination Ecuador (Es tiempo de Igualdad, por un Ecuador Libre de Discriminación in Spanish)", which aims to reduce stigma and discrimination in the country. Thanks to this campaign several complaints like Zulema Constant, Sara Solórzano and Dennise Freire, related to LGBTI torture clinics or homosexualization, in an attempt of sexual diversity groups, stop the violence and torture emerge ellos.
LGBTI Medical Center
In May 2013 launches first psycho - medical for gays, lesbians, bisexual, intersex and transgender people in Ecuador. Her teammates in honor of his work called him "Diane Rodriguez"  at a public event with safe and state authorities. This safe center is the first of its kind because it has specialized for LGBTI groups especially on the issue of gender identity medicine, which has been evident for years its lack of attention, including at mundial. and also with psychological support, issues of diversity sexual.
Declares the May 7, 2011 in "civil disobedience", to be selected by the CNE-National Electoral Board as 3rd Member of the Board #137 of Men to be violent their right to sexual privacy and the free development of his personality. Your claim arises from the refusal of the CNE, not relocate at a meeting of women. The public response from the CNE, do not satisfy the expectations of activist being forced to self- declare in civil disobedience.
In February 2013 he is again violated their gender identity, when exposed to row in the pattern of men exercising their right to vote. Despite being the 2nd time the CNE does not pay attention to their claims, this time defrayed with the same arrogance that led his political campaign as the first transgender candidate in that país.
Movement Political Alianza Pais
His political process started in parallel with their activism, participating in the political spaces of young people in the leftist "Alianza País", in 2010. Maintained an active participation within the youth movement to the point of being considered representative LGBTI at that time.
For the year 2011 along with several young "Alianza País" on the premises of the collective "Movimiento Alfarista-Bolivaariano" formed the Committee of the Citizen Revolution (Comité de la Revolución Ciudadana in Spanish) "Youth for national transformation", with whom begins develop activities located in demand for youth groups political movement. Is selected as part of the management committee of the newly formed citizen's revolution.
Movement Political Ruptura 25
Meet María Paula Romo, high representative of the political movement Breakdown 25 (Ruptura 25 in Spanish) - previously signed by the Alliance Country "Country Agreement" - on the outskirts of the University of Guayaquil, with Francisco Jiménez, Guayas ex-gobernartor, who were collecting signatures for legalization movement. Together with a fellow activist, was invited to attend meetings of the political movement Guayaquil.
Since 2012, and after having dabbled repeatedly about the ideologies of movement activist openly involved in it. Directory is part of this movement, even legally for registration with the national electoral council for the province of Guayas.
In October 2012, the general assembly of "Ruptura 25", is nominated in the primaries as a possible candidate for the province of Guayas. This was completed during the nominations of candidates for that month to the delegate "Electoral National Council" who voted for his nomination unanimously. Leaves the country for an emergency which causes problems for his candidacy to be denied registration by the CNE (National Electoral Council) for "legal uncertainty", introducing the authorized copy of the identity card, and witness the institution of male and female names. With original documents, members of "Ruptura 25", managed to enroll no more drawbacks Diane Rodriguez raised that, while ignore the legal uncertainty now reveal the identity of the activist, having female names with gender masculino. Diane Rodriguez led a campaign with few resources receiving external support as spots, videos etc... motivated by the activim.
During the political campaign, her has several impasses with the presidential candidate and evangelist Nelson Zavala, who repeatedly dismissed their participation from the more fundamentalist criteria and religious. In view of the different statements against Conservative candidate Diane Rodriguez, national electoral Council develops a plan contingency which includes "hate crimes" during the campaign. Thus, the electoral body was still on the presidential candidate process judicial candidate against Nelson Zavala, culminating in the elimination of its civil rights and politicians within one year and pay a fine 3120 dollars. This achievement, the first of its kind throughout Latin America becomes equally, other social processes, which even won a contest in international law, as the first of its kind.
The official results of the political movements were declared on March 15, 2013, where it was confirmed that anyone candidate of the Movement "Ruptura 25", was able to secure a seat for the assembly, including of course Diane Rodríguez. The political movement of the government "Alianza Pais", won more than 100 seats in the assembly, reaching an overwhelming majority in the new period terminating on 2017.
Presidency of Ecuador
Message from the President
The March 19, 2013, after his candidacy and again and completely dedicated to civil activism, reelected president Rafael Correa Delgado, send a tweet the transsexual ex-candidate Assemblyman, which expressed "Dear Diane, I just wanted to say that I admire and respect deeply, but do not share all its principles."
In May 2013, a special treat, which makes the president of Ecuador to the first activist LGBTI for change the "Presidential Guard" from his new period, a civic act of high importance, in particular Carondelet.
The Historical Meeting LGBTI
During the invitation by President Rafael Correa to Diane Rodriguez in May 2013, she used the space to request a private meeting and expose the situational status of the population LGBTI of Ecuador. This particular meeting was the December 13, 2013, where the protocol activist jumped and took 8 reps of various conditions sex - Generic and various organizations and provinces of Ecuador, thus consecrating, "The Historical Meeting LGBTI between President Rafael Correa and the Collective of diversity Sexual".
This meeting concluded agreements essential for justice, health, education and employment for the populations of the diversity of Ecuador, which eventually went from a situational exposure to specific agreements. Some activists, particularly Homosexuals (Gays and Lesbians) Diane Rodriguez criticized for not having proposed "Equal Marriage" which from the perspective of the activist is a populist issue and contributes little to the basic needs of people variously sexuality. It is noteworthy that the position of Diane Rodriguez is the deconstruction of the capitalist system, which prevents him from defending the "Equal Marriage" as a right, as she thinks more of its abolition.
This revolutionary ideology of Diane Rodriguez is similar to that of Beatriz Preciado, Spanish philosopher recognized that contemporary criticism has broad claims, such as Gay Marriage: «The demand for legalization of gay marriage comes indirectly strengthen marriage as condition of access to citizenship. Similarly, institutional programs to combat so-called "gender violence" contribute to a naturalization of the relationship between violence and masculinity, masking their own violence to marital and family structures (which are further reinforced by the demands of gay marriage)».
The Historic Meeting with President Rafael Correa and sexual diversity, had a profound impact within the LGBTI populations in Ecuador, of which several media published as successful, and the president himself on the citizen bond Dec. 14 described it as productive.
Discrimination Vs Freedom of Expression
With the recent approval in Communications Law Ecuador, Diane Rodriguez becomes the stirring social and the 33 common legal organizations Afro -Ecuadorian, indigenous, local peasants, women, LGBTI, etc. to summon and create the National Platform of Human Rights, for later file a legal complaint against comedy shows, entertainment, variety, etc. that influence stigma and discrimination against these groups. The Ombudsman of Ecuador became the entity Shower to the filed complaint. The Superintendency of Information and Communication SUPERCOM even produced a tecnic report. After the complaint in its wake more organizations come together forming about 49 organizations that support the legal process. Following this the Actor David Reinoso, threatened the organization and activist  to initiate legal action against her, of course damage to the image of the comedy shows that produce.
- Cartagena de Indias (Colombia): Tercer encuentro iberoamericano de juventud “Carta joven 10” - El instituto de la juventud de España (INJUE), La organización Iberoamericana de Juventud (OIJ), la Fundación Carolina y la Agencia española de Cooperación internacional para el desarrollo (AECID), certifican su representación por Ecuador, octubre del 2010.
- Panamá (Panamá): Taller regional “comprendiendo el fondo global” - La youth coalition, certifica su representación por Ecuador en junio del 2011.
- Cancún (México): Cumbre iberoamericana de jóvenes líderes - Estado de Quintana Roo, La secretaría general iberoamericana y la OIJ certifican su destacada participación y representación por Ecuador, noviembre del 2011.
- Ciudad de México (México): Women Deliver - Mujeres Dando a Luz certifica su destacada participación y debate en los temas de derechos sexuales y reproductivos de Latino américa, junio del 2012.
- São Paulo (Brasil): Consultoría Técnica Regional para la selección de proyectos Latinoamericanos - amfAR Aids research certifica su representación por Ecuador, agosto del 2012.
- Brasilia (Brasil): “Conferencia contra la Homofobia” - El Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores de Brasil, certifica su destacada participación en la conferencia, como antesala de la declaración de la ONU sobre orientación sexual e Identidad de Género. Marzo del 2013.
- Washington D.C. (Estados Unidos): Consultoría para la prevención de Riesgos en para PVVS y las nuevas tecnologías, Aids star one y amfAR certifican su representación por Ecuador, junio del 2013.
- Tegucigalpa (Honduras): Relatora especial en la red latinoamericana por la democracia y la comunicación de la Diversidad Sexual, RedLad certifica su destacada participación, junio 2013.
- Berlin: Trans World Meeting of populations and Intersex and new challenges. Presentations on the Trans and intersex Ecuador progress through Silueta X, November 2013.
- New York, Los Angeles, Texas, Washington, Program Leaders GLBTI community State Department to strengthen advocates in Ecuador, January 2014.
- Stockholm and Uppsala, Program Leaders Rainbow for strengthening LGBTI populations, April to May 2014.
Awards and honors
- Award Ecuador LGBTI Activist groups called "Pride and Diversity 2011" for his activist work with the population LGBTI with emphasis on trans population, October 2011.
- Recognition for his contribution to the development and implementation of the "First scientific conference of the psychology of the University of Guayaquil, October 2011.
- Recognition for participating as a speaker at the "First International Symposium queer 'item sexuality and gender from psychology, by the FLACSO, October 2012.
- Award by the group Women of asphalt, which enhances the fight of women activists to the South American level. One emphasizes his work on behalf of the sexual diversity with greater emphasis on women and transgender transgender, December 2012 ago.
- Recognition for Labor activist advocate for LGBTI Human Rights in Ecuador by Latino Equality Alliance United States, February 2014.
- Case No. 111-97-TC (1997), is a landmark decision by the Constitutional Tribunal of Ecuador on November 25, 1997, regarding the country's sodomy laws.
- 2008 Constitution of Ecuador (2008), The Constitution of Ecuador is the supreme law of Ecuador.
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Ecuador, (2009), Civil unions for same-sex couples were legalized by the approval of the 2008 Constitution of Ecuador.
- Silueta X (2008),Is a nonprofit association whose mission is to fight for LGBT rights in Ecuador (people Transgender, Intersex, Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual), taking as its target population of transgender and transsexual female, male and intersex..
- Transgender name change in Ecuador sets legal precedent Alliance. Retrieved September 27, 2013
- Trangender with new identity The Universe - In Spanish. Asked on September 27, 2013
- First Transgender Candidate in Ecuador Ecuavisa - Televistazo . Retrieved September 17, 2013
- Draft Haya Uma Diagnosing the needs of the transgender population in 2008 - In Spanish. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Gkill City, Extensive interview with Diane Rodriguez, where the term "Gaytriarcado - GayPatriarchy" arises - In Spanish. Retrieved August 8, 2013 .
- Journal El Espectador of Colombia, "It was race, sex now, by Juan Camilo Maldonado - In Spanish. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Daily El Universo, "Transgender with new identity" - In Spanish. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Aids Alliance, "Transgender name change in Ecuador sets Legal Precedent". Retrieved August 10, 2013
- Digital Journal - Carla Antonelli - In Spanish. Ecuador Judge denies sex change legal quoting Bible verses and gods
- Video, Youtube - In Spanish, I refuse sex change in the identity card to Diane Rodriguez. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Journal Extra - In Spanish, Letters to the Editor - Positive Stories in Journal EXTRA
- Extra Journal - In Spanish Washed away with awards Silueta X
- El Universo - In Spanish In GLBT no doubt about how self-define the genre. Asked on August 10, 2013.
- Psycho-social study by Diane Rodriguez - In Spanish, on sex work among young transgender and transsexual 15 to 29 years in the city of Guayaquil in 2010. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Ilga - In Spanish Ecuador: Transgendered people seek inclusion to leave sex work Accessed. August 10, 2013.
- Extra Journal - In Spanish, "Transsexual train the police". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- TV Series, Owners Mid Day - In Spanish, "Report on sensitization by Diane Rodriguez National Police". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- AG Magazine, "Diane Marie Armoire and Exclusion to Militancy and action - In Spanish". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Portal AIDS - In Spanish, Victor Victoria the Transgender Magazine. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Daily El Telegrafo - In Spanish, "I demand the state to take their sex and put my gender". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Journal El Comercio - In Spanish, "Gender is not evident on the ID Card". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Voices from the South - In Spanish, "Sex and gender do not always coincide". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Journal El Universo - In Spanish, "Campaign for reporting abuse LGBTI". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Journal Extra - In Spanish, "First Trans Medical Clinic". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Daily El Telegrafo - In Spanish Transsexual looking "hormonización". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Daily El Telegrafo - In Spanish, "55% of the Transgender Population without health care". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Ecuainm - In Spanish, "Transexual is appointed as member of board of men". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Ilga - In Spanish, "Ecuador: Diane Rodriguez Pleads in "Civil Disobedience" to legal invisibility of trans" .Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Extra Journal - In Spanish, They raped my sexual intimacy!. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- The Nation - In Spanish, "Transgender Candidate regrets to vote as men". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Extra Journal - In Spanish, "Candidate transsexual regretted having to vote as a man". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- UCSG RTV - In Spanish, "Ombudsman calls for more respect and non-discrimination for sexual diversity. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Immediate Ecuador - In Spanish, "Ombudsman rejects given discriminatory acts against transgender candidate Diane Rodriguez". Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Diario El Comercio - In Spanish Breaking drives transgender candidate. Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Extra Journal - In Spanish, Exceeded the discrimination and now struggle for social inclusion! Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Peru 21 -In Spanish, Ecuador, Diane Rodriguez wants to be the first transsexual to reach the assembly. Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Terra - In Spanish, A transsexual seeks to reach first congress of Ecuador. Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Trade Journal - In Spanish, "Silueta X rejects Nelson Zavala call "Mr." a transgender activist". Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Telesur - In Spanish, "CNE Ecuador asks Nelson Zavala cessation homophobic comments". Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Journal Hoy - In Spanish, "Homophobia still sanction campaign". Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- El Universo Newspaper - In Spanish, "CNE initiated proceedings against Nelson Zavala by these homophobic". Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Journal Informed Citizenship - In Spanish, "Nelson Zavala lost their political rights and could be criminally convicted". Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Daily Telegrafo - In Spanish, "Pastor Zavala lost political rights because of their homophobia". Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Journal La Hora - In Spanish, "Judgment against Nelson Zavala wins international competition" Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Extra Journal - In Spanish, "Candidate transsexual regret to vote as men". Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Los Andes, "Ombudsman asks discrimination more respect for sexual diversity". Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Daily Telegrafo - In Spanish, "The candidate who wanted to break the structures". Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Journal Hoy - In Spanish, "Ecuador Elections Results 2013: computed CNE records (100%) actual data". Asked on August 11, 2013.
- Twitter President Ecuador, Rafael Correa - In Spanish, "@DianeRodriguezZ Estimada Diane: sólo quería decirle que la admiro y respeto profundamente, aunque no comparta todos sus postulados." Asked on May 08, 2014.
- Social Promises - In Spanish, Asked on May 08, 2014.
- Diario el Comercio - In Spanish, "Gays have a place for meetings". Asked on May 08, 2014.
- Gender Studies Network - In Spanish President Rafael Correa invites presidential change of guard Transexual activist Diane Rodriguez. Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Agency Los Andes, Historic meeting between the President of Ecuador and the GLBTI community to allow moving forward in claiming rights. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- Journal Universo - In Spanish, 15 murders of GLBTI investigate the government. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- Journal Telegrafo - In Spanish An intense fighter who used the strategic direction of policy. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- Journal El Telegrafo - In Spanish, Abolition of Marriage by Diane Rodriguez. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- The Dissidents - Art Collective, In Spanish Interview with Beatriz Preciado by Jesus Carrillo. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- The Journal Telegrafo - In Spanish Leader GLBTI celebrates collective progress achieved during 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- Statements Rafael Correa in City Link - In Spanish Historic Meeting between LGBTI and Ecuador President Rafael Correa. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- Journal El Universo - In Spanish President Correa passed the Communication. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- The Telegraph Journal - In Spanish The GLBTI groups launch debate on discrimination on TV. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- Journal Hoy - In Spanish, 33 organizations reported to the happy couple and my site. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- Silueta X Association Press - In Spanish and English Accessions legal complaint, Live, My enclosure, etc. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- Futura Community - In Spanish Submitted SUPERCOM complaint against comedians and DPE. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- Satellite CRE - In Spanish, Interposed complaint of TV sitcoms. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- Daily Mercury - In Spanish A Technical Report is expected. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- The Telegraph Journal - In Spanish demands are summed against television. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- CNPlus - In Spanish, Diane Rodriguez to threats of imprisonment for comic. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- Journal El Universo - In Spanish David Reinoso announced legal action against the group began complaining. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- Trade Journal - In Spanish David Reinoso announced legal action against Silueta X. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- Diario el Telegrafo, "Silueta X pide más presencia estatal en cumbres GLBTI". Consultado el 10 de Agosto del 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Diane Marie Rodríguez Zambrano.|