Diapers in paraphilias
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
Those with diaper-related paraphilias differ widely in their focus of attention. There is no singular or archetypical behavior; therefore, a wide range of thought patterns and behaviors exist, but all tends to be a harmless and efficacious release from some kind of pressure.
While wearing diapers, a diaper fetishist generally experiences a comforting feeling. For other diaper fetishists, simply wearing a diaper, the bulking feeling and crinkling sounds associated with it, is enough to cause the fetishist a form of erotic pleasure or sexual arousal.
However, most practice their diaper fantasies (i.e. the wearing of diapers) in a way that would probably not be noticed by passersby on the street. Some diaper wearers wear their diapers for limited amounts of time, while others prefer to wear them on a 24-hour, seven-day schedule.
Diaper fetishes, diaper lovers (DLs), are often associated with paraphilic infantilism as both wear diapers, but the former does not role-play infant or childlike behavior, while that is the distinguishing characteristic of adult babies (ABs). The majority of diaper lovers do not engage in any kind of babyish activities and only solely are interested in diapers. However, in certain individuals it is possible for an overlap to occur, as one can view himself as neither exclusively an adult baby or a diaper lover. Hence adult babies and diaper lovers collectively referred to themselves as AB/DLs.
Some rubber and plastic fetishists have an affinity for diapers and rubber pants. In the case of disposable diapers, this attraction would be to their crinkly plastic backing. In the case of cloth diapers, it would be towards the latex or pvc of the pants worn over them.
Omorashi (オモラシ / おもらし / お漏らし?) is a fetish subculture recognized predominantly in Japan, in which participants experience arousal from having a full bladder or a sexual attraction to someone else experiencing the feeling of a full bladder. For such fetishists, climax usually coincides with the moment of relief and embarrassment experienced when the desperate individual loses bladder control. Some subsets of omorashi fandom utilize diapers, in which case it is referred to as omorashi omutsu, or less commonly, omorashi oshime, both of which translate as "to wet oneself in a diaper."
Negative receptions in South Korea
The South Korean public often views diapers in a negative light. A disclosed Naver cafe (similar to the Yahoo! Groups service) that is devoted to diaper fetishism was closed around September 2010 as the South Korean media outlets portrayed it negatively to the general public. Another incident occurred when a South Korean girl group, Girl's Day, were accused of wearing costumes that looked like over-sized diapers; dubbed it as diaper fashion. On June 9, 2012, Korean hip hop artist Yang Dong-geun was shown in Saturday Night Live Korea in a comical commercial spoof for adult diapers for men.
- American Psychiatric Association (2000). Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (IV-TR ed.). American Psychiatric Pub. pp. pg 572. ISBN 0-89042-025-4.
- Pate, JE; Gabbard, GO (2003). "Adult baby syndrome". The American Journal of Psychiatry 160 (11): 1932–6. doi:10.1176/appi.ajp.160.11.1932. PMID 14594737.
- Malitz, S (1966). "Another report on the wearing of diapers and rubber pants by an adult male". The American Journal of Psychiatry 122 (12): 1435–7. PMID 5929499.
- Oh (오), Yeong-gyeong (영경) (2010-09-11). 성인용 기저귀카페 폐쇄...착용샷에 사용기까지 '엽기'. 서울신문NTN (in Korean). Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- 성인만 가입하는 기저귀 카페 충격…현재 폐쇄 중. 매일경제 (in Korean). 2010-09-11. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- 다 큰 성인이 기저귀 차고 소변을?…기저귀카페 결국 폐쇄. Hankyung.com (in Korean). 2010-09-11. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- Pyo (표), Jae-min (재민) (2011-05-30). 걸스데이 기저귀패션 논란 해명 "반바지인데 춤추다 보니…". TV Report (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- Lee (이), Jae-weon (재원) (2012-06-10). "‘SNL코리아2’ 양동근, 남성용 기저귀 패러디 논란". 스포츠한국 (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-08-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adult diapers.|