|Full name||Irish name: Diarmuid Ó Gríofa|
|Place of birth||Doolin, County Clare, Ireland|
|Original team||Leeside Lions|
|International team honours|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2008 season.
Griff is a native of Doolin, Co. Clare and represented St. Breckan's GAA Club at underage level. He is a founder of the Leeside Lions and went on to play two seasons with the Uni Blacks and five seasons with the Fitzroy Reds. He represented the Ireland national Australian rules football team, that won the 2001 Atlantic Alliance Cup and 2002 Australian Football International Cup, in Melbourne. He was vice-captain in the 2005 Australian Football International Cup, and returned with the team for the 2008 Australian Football International Cup, reaching the semi finals on both occasions.
- fitzroy team info
- "History - Aussie Rules International - Promoting Australian Football Around the World". Aussie Rules International. Retrieved 2011-11-26.
- "Team Lists - Aussie Rules International - Promoting Australian Football Around the World". Aussie Rules International. Retrieved 2011-11-26.
- Brett Northey. "Final Irish squad named". World Footy News. Retrieved 2011-11-26.
- Sporting Pulse Irish bring powerful squad
- "Squad Biogs 08". Irishwarriors.net. Retrieved 2011-11-26.
- "The Footy Record / DAFL / Team / Ireland". Thefootyrecord.net. Retrieved 2011-11-26.