Aurangabad kaser (Dibai)
|Elevation||184 m (604 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||std code 05734|
Dibai is located at  It has an average elevation of 184 metres (603 feet)..
In 1941 Dibai had a population of 13,218.
As of 2001[update] India census, Dibai had a population of 34,853. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Dibai has an average literacy rate of 50%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 58% and, female literacy is 41%. In Dibai, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
In the early 20th century, Dibai was considered, by the British, the "chief portal of Trucial Oman". Dibai was often the first stop for exports arriving to head to the interior of Arabia when accepting trade goods from Mumbai.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Dibai
- Columbia-Lippincott Gazeteer (New York: Columbia University Press, 1952) p. 512
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Prothero, G.W. (1920). Arabia. London: H.M. Stationary Office. p. 76.
- Imtiaz, Saba. "Karachi Literature Festival: ‘Book’ your seat for this ride – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 2012-07-11.
|This Bulandshahr district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|