Diceland (dice game)
|Setup time||2 minutes|
|Playing time||20 minutes|
Diceland is a tabletop game played with collectible sets of dice designed by Toivo Rovainen and James Ernest and released in 2002 by Cheapass Games. Players roll paper cut-out octahedral dice into a combat arena. The dice are then used in the same way as miniatures - they can be moved around the arena and attack other dice.
The original Diceland set was Diceland: Deep White Sea, released in 2002. It was followed in 2003 by four more sets: Diceland: Ogre, Diceland: Space (two sets, Terrans vs. Urluquai and Garthans vs. Muktians), and Diceland: Extra Space, and in 2005 with Diceland: Cyburg and Diceland: Dragons. There is also a set of Button Men using characters from the Deep White Sea setting. In addition to all of these sets, there are three regular-sized and one oversized promotional dice; the 2005 summer promo die features characters from the webcomic Penny Arcade.
- Pook, Matthew (2002-06-07). "Pyramid Pick: Diceland: Deep White Sea". Pyramid (online) (Steve Jackson Games). Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- Siegel, Scott Jon (2007-06-29). "Off the Grid reviews Diceland". joystiq.com. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- Appelcline, Shannon (2004-04-07). "Review of Diceland: Ogre". RPGnet. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- Pook, Matthew (2003-08-03). "Pyramid Review: Diceland: Ogre". Pyramid (online) (Steve Jackson Games). Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- Appelcline, Shannon (2003-10-29). "Review of Diceland: Space". RPGnet. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- Vetromile, Andy (2003-06-13). "Pyramid Review: Diceland: Space". Pyramid (online) (Steve Jackson Games). Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "Origins Award Winners (2002)". Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design. Archived from the original on 2007-11-14. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
|This dice game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|