Dick Clark's World of Talent
|Dick Clark's World of Talent|
Jack E. Leonard on the show.
|Created by||Irving Mansfield|
|Presented by||Dick Clark|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
ABC's TV-2 Studio
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||ABC Network|
|Original run||September 27, 1959 – December 20, 1959|
Dick Clark's World of Talent is a talent/variety television show produced by Irving Mansfield and broadcast weekly in the United States on the ABC television network from 10:30-11 p.m. (ET) on Sundays during the 1959-60 season.
The first show was broadcast September 27, 1959. Dick Clark hosted throughout the run of the series. Permanent judge Jack E. Leonard, and two celebrity "guest" judges watched the performances of amateur, semi-professional (and, on occasion, professional) singers, musicians, dancers, and comedians, and offered advice. Some of the guest judges were Johnny Carson, Betty Hutton, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Tab Hunter, Edie Adams, Eva Gabor, and Sam Levenson.
Guests on the show included:
- R&B singer Tommy Edwards (Show broadcast October 18, 1959)
- Classical pianist Lorin Hollander (Show broadcast October 4 or 11 or 18, 1959)
- Folk music duo Bud and Travis
- Big–Band singer Don Cornell
- Cocktail singer Alan Dale
- Vocal quartet The Four Aces
- Singer/actress Della Reese (Show broadcast November 15, 1959)
Last Show 
The last show was broadcast December 20, 1959.
- Brooks, Tim and March, Earl (2007) "The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows: 1946–Present", Random House, p.304
- "A Comedy Team Is Born: Leonard Claws, Clark Purrs, It's A Draw", (November 22, 1959) Sunday Herald Magazine, p. 199
- Cox, Stephen "Heeeere's Trivia", (May 17, 1992) Los Angeles Times (TV Times)
- Betty Hutton Website/Timeline "October 4 (1959): Betty appears as a guest panelist on ABC-TV's "Dick Clark's World of Talent.""
- ZZGFAN1 Ebay profile Television Credits for Zsa Zsa Gabor
- Promo ad for show (November 15, 1959) St. Petersburg Sunday Independent, p. 6A
- "Radio–TV" (October 22, 1959), Jet
- Clark, Dick "Dick Clark Speaks: Don't Sell Long-Hairs Short" (November 1, 1959) Los Angeles Times/This Week Magazine, p. K24
- "Music: Teen-Age Virtuoso" (November 16, 1959) TIME Magazine