Dick Tracy (1945 film)
|Directed by||William A. Berke|
|Produced by||Herman Schlom|
|Written by||Eric Taylor
Chester Gould (Comic)
|Music by||Roy Webb|
|Editing by||Ernie Leadlay|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
|Release date(s)||December 1, 1945|
|Running time||61 minutes|
Dick Tracy (also known as Dick Tracy, Detective) is a 1945 American pulp action film based on the Dick Tracy comic strip created by Chester Gould. The film is the first installment of the Dick Tracy film series, released by RKO Radio Pictures.
Dick Tracy (Morgan Conway), a supremely intelligent police detective, must solve a series of brutal murders in which the victims, all from different social and economic backgrounds, are viciously slashed to pieces by the one known as Splitface. Suspects flourish but Tracy must find the common link of extortion and revenge before more are killed.
- Morgan Conway as Dick Tracy, the tough detective, who lets nothing stand in the way of justice.
- Anne Jeffreys as Tess Trueheart, Tracy's girlfriend, who often falls victim to her boyfriends workoholism.
- Mike Mazurki as Alexis "Splitface" Banning, a psychotic ex-con who seeks revenge. His weapon is a sharp surgical knife. He has a big disfiguring scar across his face.
- Jane Greer as Jane Owens, a suspect.
- Lyle Latell as Pat Patton, Tracy's bumbling assistant.
- Joseph Crehan as Chief Brandon, the reliable chief of police.
- Mickey Kuhn as Junior, Tracy's adopted son.
- Trevor Bardette as Prof. Linwood J. Starling, a strange medium, and also a suspect.
- Morgan Wallace as Steve Owens, a stern businessman.
- Milton Parsons as Deathridge the Undertaker, a mysterious, skeletal suspect.
- William Halligan as Mayor, the worried mayor of Chicago.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Dick Tracy (1945 film)|
- Dick Tracy at the Internet Movie Database
- Dick Tracy is available for free download at the Internet Archive [more]
- Dick Tracy (1945 film) at AllRovi
- Dick Tracy (1945 film) at the TCM Movie Database
|This comics-related film article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|