Dickensian (TV series)
|Written by||Tony Jordan|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Red Planet Pictures|
Dickensian is a British drama television series that is set to first broadcast on BBC One in 2015. The twenty-part series, written by Tony Jordan, shows iconic Charles Dickens characters interact.
Dickensian was commissioned by Danny Cohen and Ben Stephenson. The executive producers are Polly Hill and Tony Jordan and the production company behind the series is Red Planet Pictures. Red Planet Pictures's Alex Jones vowed to lobby HM Revenue and Customs and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport to relax the tax-relief rules for Dickensian; tax relief is only given for dramas longer than thirty minutes and each episode of Dickensian lasts thirty minutes.
- Shennan, Paddy (27 January 2014). "The Big Read: There ain’t no stopping him now". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Jeffery, Morgan (9 May 2013). "'Poldark' remake, Charles Dickens drama ordered by BBC One". Digital Spy. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Jones, Paul (9 May 2013). "Danny Cohen says goodbye to BBC1 with 4 new drama commissions". Radio Times. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Danny Cohen announces last raft of drama commissions as outgoing Controller of BBC One". BBC. 9 May 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Szalai, George (9 May 2013). "BBC Orders Drama Series Featuring Charles Dickens Characters". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Parker, Robin (20 February 2014). "Tony Jordan, Red Planet Pictures". Broadcast. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
|This article relating to a television programme from the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|