Dickinson Independent School District
DISD serves most of the city of Dickinson as well as portions of the cities of La Marque, League City, and Texas City and some houses in unincorporated Galveston County (including Bacliff and San Leon).
All of the DISD catchment area is also served by the College of the Mainland.
In the 2000s, rising real estate costs in Galveston forced many families to move to other areas, including League City and Texas City. This meant an influx of children out of Galveston ISD and into other school districts like Dickinson ISD .
Junior High Schools
- McAdams Junior High School (Dickinson) 7-8
- Dunbar Middle School (Unincorporated Galveston County, Dickinson address) 5-6
- John and Shamarion Barber Middle School (Dickinson) 5-6
- Bay Colony Elementary School (League City) grades PK-4
- Hughes Road Elementary School (Dickinson) grades PK-4
- Kenneth E. Little Elementary School (Unincorporated Galveston County, Bacliff address) grades PK-4
- Jake Silbernagel Elementary School (Unincorporated Galveston County, Dickinson address) grades PK-4
- San Leon Elementary School (Unincorporated Galveston County, Dickinson address) grades PK-4 - Opened 2007
- Calder Road Elementary (League City, Texas) grades PK-4- Opened 2010