|Type||Public company - SEHK: 0113|
|Founded||Hong Kong, China|
|Key people||Dickson Poon, Executive Chairman|
|Revenue||HKD 3,750 million (2008)|
|Operating income||HKD 225 million (2008)|
|Subsidiaries||Seibu, Harvey Nichols HK, Dickson Warehousing, Bertolucci SA, Tommy Hilfiger|
Dickson Concepts (International) Ltd. (ChT: 迪生創建(國際)有限公司) is a Bermuda domiciled company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. It has held the distributorship of Polo and Ralph Lauren products in Asia for in excess of twenty years. The company is chaired and controlled by Dickson Poon, who is also the company's Executive Chairman.
This is an eponymous company founded in year by Dickson Poon.
In 1991, Harvey Nichols was acquired by the company from the Burton Group.
In mid-February 2009, the company announced the end of its 20-plus year distributorship for Polo Ralph Lauren products in Asia would end on 31 December 2009. The license is estimated by analysts to contribute 10 percent of its revenues.
Through trusts, Dickson Poon controls 40.13% of the voting capital of DCIL as at 31 March 2008.
- 2008 Annual Report, Dickson Concepts (International) Ltd.
- P&L account, p44, DCIL Annual Report 2008
- Directors' Report, p17, DCIL Annual Report 2008
- Notes to the accounts, p92, DCIL Annual Report 2008
- Press release, DCIL, 19 January 2005
- Benjamin Scent, Dickson may lose its shirt as top brands go it alone, The Standard, 17 February 2009
- Directors' Report, p22, DCIL Annual Report 2008