Diddl is a cartoon character created by German artist Thomas Goletz in 1990. Diddl is a white 'Jumping Mouse', with big ears and large pink-soled feet allowing him to jump large distances. Diddl and his friends are featured on various sorts of products such as stationery and collectibles, and also in a range of plush dolls and toys manufactured by Depesche.
In Austria, Diddl was a highly popular cartoon character, together with its host of characters.
Diddl has many friends and relatives, including a girlfriend called Diddlina who is also a Jumping Mouse. Their friends include Mimihopps (a fox rabbit); 'Pimboli' (a Knautschanien cuddle-teddy bear); Ackaturbo (a fire-tailed mini-raven); Bibombl (a bobbletail setter); Milimits (a tigertail kitten); Tiplitaps (a changing-shell turtle); Wollywell & Vanillivi (angora lucky sheep); and Galupy (a galapagos horse). The 'Frog Brothers' are the enemies of Diddl and Friends.
The Diddl range of characters reside in the fictional 'Cheesecakeland', where the soil, rocks and walls are made of cheese but otherwise seems very similar to Earth with deserts, rivers, and even a moon.
References and notes
- The first sketch of Diddl was made on 24 August 1990 (mentioned in Swiss Post, Special Stamps Diddl – the lively jumping mouse, 2003).[dead link]
- Hanus, John (August 23, 2008). "Ein Monster feiert Geburtstag" (in German). Der Spiegel. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- T.R. Reid, Yo-Yos Are Hot, but in Austria, Diddl Reigns, San Francisco Chronicle, December 27, 1998.
- "History". Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- Amy T. Y. Lai, Ignoring Hello Kitty: globalization and resistance in Austria, AEJ (2008) 5:519–528.
|This article about a comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|