|Origin||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States|
|Years active||1995 - present|
|Labels||Dr Cyclops Records|
|Past members||Stikki Nixx
LaVerne LaVey (Jimmy Scott)
Diemonsterdie is a Salt Lake City based horror punk band which was originally formed in 1995 as Casa Diablo. Their name is a reference to the 1965 horror movie of the same name starring Boris Karloff (which was very loosely based on the H. P. Lovecraft story "The Colour Out of Space").
The band are also known as DMD.
Initially formed in 1995 as Casa Diablo by frontman Huey "Zero Delorean" Diablo and drummer Shane "Meatwhistle" Diablo, Casa Diablo released 2 albums before disbanding in 2000. Later in 2000, Delorean and Meatwhistle re-emerged as Diemonsterdie. Including the years as Casa Diablo, DMD has endured 17 years as a band, and to date have released 7 full length studio records, a limited edition split 7" vinyl (with fellow horror punks The Crimson Ghosts of Germany) and a live album. Reviews of DMD records have appeared in publications all over the world, most notably in the pages of Rue Morgue Magazine and on Rue Morgue Radio. The band's 7th album, Fall to Your Knees (2010), was received very well and was featured in a glowing review on Fear Net in November 2010.
During their long tenure, Diemonsterdie have shared the stage with fellow shock rock / horror punk / grave rock legends 45 Grave, The Misfits, GWAR, Type O Negative, Celtic Frost, Graves, Impaler, Lizzy Borden and Dr. Chud's X-Ward, among many others. Despite commanding a global audience of thousands and a loyal worldwide fan base, the band has never been signed to a major label. In 2003 DMD formed their own indie horror-punk label Doctor Cyclops Records, which has served as the US label not only for Diemonsterdie, but other top acts in the genre, such as the Crimson Ghosts (Germany), Left For Dead (USA), The Dead Next Door (Sweden), Others (USA) and The Nightshift (Sweden). Currently Dr. Cyclops provides digital distribution for all of these bands with exception of the Crimson Ghosts. In recent years, Dr. Cyclops Digital has also signed the up-and-coming German band, Jamey Rottencorpse and the Rising Dead. Long hailed as the love child of Type O Negative, The Dwarves, The Cramps and The Misfits, Diemonsterdie are the flagship band of Dr. Cyclops and hail from the deep hell of Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. The band consists of four members; founding members, lead singer Zero Delorean and drummer Shane "Meatwhistle" Diablo and more recent additions, lead guitarist Shadow Windhawk and bassist Stikki Nixx.
DMD are currently at work completing their fan-funded 8th studio release, entitled "October 21st 1976", which is scheduled to drop in Summer 2013. In 2012, after drifting into a status of relative obscurity since the release of the band's 7th studio album, "Fall to Your Knees, DMD have since made a bloody splash back into the eye of the horror punk scene and on August 11th, 2012, the band successfully crowd funded a $6,000 project to release "October 21st, 1976" on 12" limited edition vinyl in the year 2013. The album will feature 13 unreleased tracks celebrating 13 years since Casa Diablo transformed into Diemonsterdie and officially began defining themselves as horror punk.
2012 has also seen the revival of Diemonsterdie's free fan club, the secret order of the Zealots of the Bloody Circle. In July 2012, the band elected Steven Godfrey, an American fan from PA, as the president of the Zealots of the Bloody Circle.
- Zero Delorean - Lead Vocals, Lead & Rhythm Guitar
- Shane "Meatwhistle" Diablo - Drums, Vocals
- Raven Blades (Bass, Backing Vocals 2000–2008, 2009–2010, 2013-?)
- Mercury Rising (Lead Guitar / Backing Vocals 2004–2008, 2013-?)
- LaVerne LaVey aka Jimmy Scott (Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals 2002–2004 ; 2008–2010)
- Stikki Nixx (Bass, Backing vocals 2010-2013)
- Shadow Windhawk (Guitar, backing vocals 2010-2013)
- Vladina Khalishnikova (Bass, Backing Vocals, Violin on 2008–2009)
- (as Casa Diablo) The Continuing Mission to Destroy Rock N Roll (1997)
- (as Casa Diablo) No Future for the Weak (2000)
- What Is Shall Always Be (2002)
- Honor Thy Dead (2003) (re-released in '07)
- Only the Dead Will Survive (2005)
- A Great and Terrible Loss (2008)
- Sharing Prey (split 7" featuring the Crimson Ghosts) (2009)
- Fall to Your Knees (2010)
- October 21, 1976 (2013)
- Triple Threat of Terror (featuring Creepersin and Others)
- Bands of Dr. Cyclops Records
- Horror of It All, Vol. 1
- Horror of It All, Vol. 2
- Horror of It All, Vol. 3
- This is Horrorpunk 2
- Bands of Horror-Punks.com
- Stay Undead, Vol. 1
- Stay Undead, Vol. 2