|Full name||Diego Daniel Colotto|
|Date of birth||10 March 1981|
|Place of birth||Río Cuarto, Argentina|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2008–2012||Deportivo La Coruña||113||(8)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 April 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Río Cuarto, Córdoba, Colotto started his professional career with Estudiantes de La Plata, making his top division debut on 16 February 2001 in a 1–1 draw against Club Atlético Vélez Sársfield and eventually becoming an automatic first-choice with the La Plata club. In December 2004, Tecos UAG from Mexico paid US$1,100,000 for his services and, almost three years later, he was signed by another team in the country, Club Atlas, playing nearly 150 official matches between the two.
On 30 August 2008 Colotto signed for Deportivo de La Coruña in Spain, for €2.5 million. In his first season in La Liga he backed up Alberto Lopo and Zé Castro but, on 2 October, scored twice against SK Brann in the first round of the UEFA Cup: after the Galicians lost 0–2 in Norway, his brace – after heading home two corner kicks – took the game to extra time and an eventual penalty shootout, where the home team prevailed to reach the group stage.
In the following seasons, Colotto relegated Portuguese Castro to the bench and partnered Lopo at the heart of the back sector, under Miguel Ángel Lotina. In 2009–10 two of his three league goals came in both matches against CD Tenerife (1–0 away, 3–1 at the Estadio Riazor) as Deportivo finished tenth.
Colotto was part of the Argentine under-20 team that competed at the 2001 FIFA World Youth Championship on home soil. During the competition he played all the matches and minutes for the eventual winners, scoring in the final against Ghana (3–0).
- El Dépor contrata a Diego Colotto y vende a Xisco al Newcastle (Dépor signs Diego Colotto and sells Xisco to Newcastle); La Voz de Galicia, 1 September 2008 (Spanish)
- UEFA Cup: Depor survive Brann penalty scare; ESPN Soccernet, 2 October 2008
- Colotto header secures Depor win; ESPN Soccernet, 3 October 2009
- Depor ease to maximum points; ESPN Soccernet, 6 March 2010
- Diego Colotto – FIFA competition record
- Deportivo official profile (Spanish)
- Argentine League statistics (Spanish)
- BDFutbol profile
- Soccerway profile