Perotti in action for Sevilla in 2012
|Full name||Diego Perotti|
|Date of birth||26 July 1988|
|Place of birth||Moreno, Argentina|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|2014||→ Boca Juniors (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 April 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Diego Perotti (born 26 July 1988) is an Argentine professional footballer who plays for Genoa C.F.C. in Serie A. Mainly a left winger who can play with both feet, he can also appear as an attacking midfielder.
Born in Moreno, Buenos Aires, Perotti joined Spain's Sevilla FC in the summer of 2007, from Club Deportivo Morón. At first he was assigned to the Andalusians' B-team, which had just gained promotion to the second division, and proved instrumental as the side retained its league status.
In the 2008–09 season Perotti also started with the B's, receiving his first-team debut on 15 February 2009 as he appeared 15 minutes in a 2–0 win at RCD Espanyol. Often competing for a first-team berth with another graduate, Diego Capel, his first goal for Sevilla came against Deportivo de La Coruña on 23 May, as he scored in the 90th minute of the game to guarantee a third-place La Liga finish in the league, with the subsequent return to the UEFA Champions League.
During the 2009–10 campaign Perotti won the battle with Capel, and became Sevilla's first-choice in his position, starting the season on a high note. On 16 March 2010 he netted against PFC CSKA Moscow for the Champions League round-of-16, but the Russian team won 2–1 away and 3–2 on aggregate.
On 9 November 2009 Perotti received his maiden call-up for the Argentine national team. He made his debut with La Albiceleste on the 14th, playing the last ten minutes of the 1–2 friendly loss against Spain in Madrid, having come on as a substitute for FC Barcelona's Lionel Messi.
- La asociación Navas-Kanouté da tres puntos clave (Navas-Kanouté association provides three key points); Sevilla's official website, 15 February 2009 (Spanish)
- On-fire Forlán keeps Atlético in position; UEFA.com, 23 May 2009
- Honda stars as Army Men march through; UEFA.com, 16 March 2010
- Diego Perotti, Traspasado al Genoa Sevilla's official website, 2 July 2014 (Spanish)
- Argentina, víctima del centenario español (Argentina, victim of Spanish century); ABC, 14 November 2009 (Spanish)
- Sevilla official profile
- BDFA profile (Spanish)
- BDFutbol profile
- Diego Perotti at National-Football-Teams.com
- Transfermarkt profile
- Soccerway profile
- Diego Perotti at ESPN FC