|Full name||Diego Tardelli Martins|
|Date of birth||10 May 1985|
|Place of birth||Santa Bárbara d'Oeste, Brazil|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|2005–2006||→ Betis (loan)||12||(0)|
|2006||→ São Caetano (loan)||7||(1)|
|2006–2007||→ PSV (loan)||13||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 April 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
Diego Tardelli Martins (born 10 May 1985), simply known as Diego Tardelli, is a Brazilian footballer who currently plays as a striker for Atlético Mineiro, He is a dynamic player who can change the balance of a game with his speed on attack and individual skills. Tardelli, however, is not his last name; it was a homage from his father to Marco Tardelli.
Since January 2008 with Flamengo, Tardelli scored the winning goal in the Taça Guanabara final against Botafogo. Once again, in the final of Rio de Janeiro State League 2008 against Botafogo, he entered in the second half and he changed the game. He scored a goal and made an assist to Obina.
Tardelli seriously injured himself on 3 August 2008, in a match against Cruzeiro. He fractured his right arm after falling awkwardly. A surgery has been necessary, and the Flamengo's medical staff indicated that he would be out of playing until the end of 2008.
After recovering faster than expected, exactly four months after breaking his arm, on 23 November 2008. Tardelli returned to the field in the second half of the match against Cruzeiro, but this time away from Rio de Janeiro. He was sent off in the last minute after arguing with referee Carlos Eugênio Simon about a polemic play he claimed a penalty.
On 8 March 2011 Tardelli completed a move to Russian side Anzhi, following an in-depth medical examination at the Dagi's pre-season training base.
The club reportedly paid €7.5 million for the 25-year-old striker on a four-year deal.
Tardelli had been strongly linked with a move back to Brazil having struggled to adapt to life in Russia. However on 10 January 2012 Tardelli announced that he had put pen to paper on a two-and-a-half-year deal with the Qatari club.
His transfer fee is reported at €7 million.
He made his debut on 20 January 2012, missing a penalty kick 30 minutes after coming on as a substitute in a 2–0 loss against Al Khor. On his second-ever AFC Champions League match, he scored a brace in order to salvage a draw against Al-Hilal FC on 21 March.
Return to Atlético Mineiro
On 18 January 2013, his mother, Ivânia, through Twitter, announced Tardelli's comeback to Atlético Mineiro. Her words were: "Muito Feliz! Meu filho está de volta ao Galo. Obrigado, Senhor!" ("I'm very happy! My son is coming back to Galo. Thanks, Lord!"). Tardelli rejoins to club on loan until 2014 FIFA World Cup. The value of negotiation is undisclosed.
On January, 27, Diego Tardelli confirmed the negotiations are almost over, only waiting for a new player to arrive at his current club and by January 31, the negotiation is complete and he joined Atlético Mineiro.
Finally, on 2 February 2013, Alexandre Kalil, president of Atlético, announced the return of Tardelli. The deal is around €5.25 million with a four-year contract.
On October 2013, in a great shape playing for Atlético-MG, Tardelli has shown a little disappointment for staying out from Scolari's callings up for Brazilian team. According Tardelli: Now, again, football professionals have asked my calling up. I did not give up yet, I keep working, who knows about Brazilian team is Felipão or who is inside there can watch my phase."
- (Correct as of 8 March 2011[update])
|Club||Season||State League||Brazilian Série A||Copa do Brasil||Copa Libertadores||Copa Sudamericana||Total|
|São Caetano (loan)||2006||-||-||7||1||-||-||-||-||-||-||7||1|
- As of 13 September 2009.
- São Paulo
- PSV Eindhoven
- Atlético Mineiro
- Emir of Qatar Cup: 2012
- Arthur Friedenreich Award (1): 2009
- "Protagonista em polêmica, Tardelli é muito elogiado por Caio Júnior". Globo.com. Retrieved 24 November 2008.
- Veja boleiros batizados em homenagem a lendas das Copas (in Portuguese)
- Em jogo eletrizante e polêmico, Cruzeiro bate o Fla e se aproxima da Libertadores (Portuguese)
- Protagonista em polêmica, Tardelli é muito elogiado por Caio Júnior (Portuguese)
- Diego Tardelli vai para o Atlético Mineiro (Portuguese)
- L'ASSE a proposé 9M pour Tardelli (French)
- Official: Diego Tardelli Completes Move To Anzhi
- Tardelli set to sign for Qatari side, Al-Gharafa
- Anzhi’s Diego Tardelli joins Al-Gharafa
- Soccerway – Match details
- QFA – Al Gharafa rally to 3–3 draw with Al Hilal of KSA
- Mãe de Tardelli garante retorno do centroavante ao Atlético-MG (in Portuguese)
- Grupo Euro Export anuncia volta de Diego Tardelli ao Atlético por empréstimo (in Portuguese)
- (in Portuguese)
- "Comissão técnica da Seleção Brasileira divulga a lista complementar enviada à FIFA". CBF.com.br (in Portuguese). 11 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
- Flamengo official website (Portuguese)
- Flaestatística (Portuguese)
- Futpédia (Portuguese)
- Seleção Brasileira (Brazilian National Team) 2008–2009
- (Russian) Profile on Anzhi Makhachkala official website
- (Portuguese) Galo Digital
- (Portuguese) globoesporte.globo.com
- (Portuguese) Profile at saopaulofc.net
- (English) sambafoot.com profile
- (English) footballzz.co.uk