The company was founded in 2006 as result of the merger of Diehl Avionik Systeme GmbH and Diehl Luftfahrt Electronik.
As of 2009, Diehl Aerospace has approx. 1250 employees and a turnover revenue of €207 Million.
In April 2014 the company won with DACAPO® (Distributed Autonomous Cabin Power) in the category Green Cabin, Health, Safety & Environment for the first time the Crystal Cabin Award, a prestigious innovation award of aviation, for the idea of the visionary concept of an energy-self-sufficient cabin.
Involvement in major avionics programs
- Doors and Slides Management System
- Slat Flap Control Computer.
- Cabin lighting with programmable multi-spectral LEDs
Moreover, in cooperation with Thales Group, Diehl Aerospace contributed to the development of other major A380 systems:
- The Cockpit display system ,
- The Flight Control Unit (FCU),
- The Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA)