|Born||June 12, 1980|
After debuting on Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Fresh Meat, Brown has competed in six additional challenges. In her debut challenge, she revealed she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer to the surprise of both the cast and the production company. Brown is also the founder and creator of her own charity MedGift, a gift registry for sick patients.
Reality television appearances
Fresh Meat was the twelfth season of Real World/Road Rules Challenge. Filmed in Australia, it featured two-player teams; each team had an alumnus of The Real World or Road Rules partnered with a newcomer to the Challenge (collectively known as "Fresh Meat") who was never part of one of the two aforementioned series. Brown was partnered with Road Rules alumni Derrick, and the pair finished in fourth place in the competition.
Brown, who was just completing her treatment for cancer, went on to compete in The Duel. She took off her wig during one of the competitions and this has been viewed as one of the most memorable and touching challenge moments.
Brown created the website MedGift, a patient gift registry, to help patients obtain help from family and friends while in treatment.
Brown dated fellow Challenge castmember Chris "C.T." Tamburello after meeting on The Duel for over a year and a half after meeting in 2006. Brown credited Tamburello for playing a role in her remission recovery and giving her confidence. The couple competed on the same team on The Gauntlet III and were featured on the MTV documentary show MADE. Following their split, Brown and Tamburello competed as a team on Battle of the Exes, where they were the runner-ups in the final.
In 2012, her ovarian cancer returned and she started her second battle against cancer with chemotherapy treatments. In 2013, after several months of treatment, Brown's cancer went into remission.
After only two weeks out of her last chemotherapy, Brown went through her seventh MTV "Challenge" because she was told in January 2013 that "after a test showed signs of cancer spreading to my liver that seeing 2013 was not that likely."
- Brown, Diem (September 19, 2013). "Diem Brown Blogs: The Slippery Slope of Depression". People. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- Kris, Carr (2008). crazy sexy cancer. new york: skirt. p. 268. ISBN 9781599212319.
- Erin Zammett (October 1, 2006). "Battling Cancer While the World Watches". Glamour online. Retrieved March 14, 2011.
- "Medgift - About Us". Medgift.com. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- Brown, Diem (September 5, 2013). "Diem Brown: I'm Ready to Have a Partner in Life". People.
- McKay, Hollie (May 31, 2013). "EXCLUSIVE: Diem Brown defies cancer odds to compete in MTV’s 'The Challenge'". Fox News. Retrieved April 23, 2014.