Dieter Hallervorden, 2013
|Born||Dieter Jürgen Hallervorden
September 5, 1935
|Occupation||comedian, comic actor, singer, cabaret artist|
|Known for||Didi's Comedy Show|
Dieter Hallervorden's mother was a physician's assistant and his father a graduate engineer employed by German aircraft maker Junkers. His siblings are called Renate and Margot. Dieter Hallervorden has two children (Dieter Hallervorden Jr. and Nathalie Hallervorden) from his marriage to Rotraud Schindler, a daughter (Laura) from another relationship, and a son (Johannes) from his current wife Elena Blume.
Dieter Hallervorden Jr. appeared in the movies Darf ich Sie zur Mutter machen (1968) and Die Hochzeitsreise (1969) and had some scenes in Nonstop Nonsens (1974–1980). Nathalie Hallervorden co-starred in the TV series Die Nervensäge (1985–1986) and had a brief appearance together with her parents in Nonstop Nonsens. Hallervorden's first wife, Rotraud Schindler, co-starred in several TV shows and some movies.
An Afrikaans-subtitled version of the comedy sketch-show, Nonstop Nonsens (1975), starring Hallervorden, was broadcast in South Africa in the early 1980s under the title Grapjas Didi (tr. Didi the Joker or alternately Didi the Prankster). Also a Spanish-dubbed version was also distributed for Latin America under the name Las Locuras de Didí (The Madnesses of Didi).
|2004||Sesamstraße||Sesamstraße is the German equivalent to Sesame Street;
Dieter Hallervorden had a guest role as Karl Kaputt.
|2000–2001||Zebralla!||Hallervorden plays Jürgen Zebralla, an old divorced pensioner, who attends a university
and lives with his wealthy son because of lack of money.
|1996–1997||Verstehen Sie Spaß?||Hallervorden was the host of this show about pranks.|
|1993||Sachen zum Lachen||Staged comic acts.|
|1993||Klipp-Klapp, der Clip Club||Hallervorden hosted the show|
|1989||Die Didi-Show||Short comic clips and comic acts. Also titled Didi's Comedy Show in English.
|1987||Laus im Pelz||A televised stage play.|
|1985–1986||Die Nervensäge aka.||TV series, 26 Episodes|
|1983–1984||Zelleriesalat und Gitterspeise||TV show equivalent to Die Didi-Show with Hallervorden as a convict.
|1982||Grand Gala - 3 mal klingeln||Hallervorden was a host. 6 Episodes|
|1982||Welle Wahnsinn||Music show, 2 Episodes|
|1981||Onkel & Co||Hallervorden was a clumsy detective.
2 Episodes, 60 minutes each.
|1974–1980||Nonstop Nonsens||Well-known slapstick show.
|1973||Kara Ben Nemsi Effendi||TV series based on the Karl May books.
|1970–1976||Abramakabra||TV series, 10 Episodes|
|1971||Von Liebe keine Rede|
|1970–1974||Die Kriminalerzählung||26 Episodes|
|1970||Ti vor Tu|
- 1981 Bambi (for his role in Nonstop Nonsens)
- 1996 Telestar (Best Host in "Verstehen Sie Spaß?")
- 2003 Deutscher Comedypreis (Honorary Award)
- 2005 Bayerischer Kabarettpreis (Honorary Award)
- 2006 Honorary Citizen of the German city Dessau
- 2013 Goldene Kamera (for his lifework, Honorary Award)
- "Dieter Hallervorden - Jahrgang 1935" (in German). MITTELDEUTSCHER RUNDFUNK. 2009-04-05. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- Anke Ziemer. "Prominente Alumni: Dieter Hallervorden" (in German). Freie Universität Berlin. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- More info and some videos (in German)
- Official site of the German Hallervorden DVD-Distributor (with forum)
- Dieter Hallervorden at the Internet Movie Database