Dietmar Doering is the founder of the Asian-German Sports Exchange Program.
Sri Lanka tsunami
Doering and his students performed a memorable service for Sri Lanka to help with the devastation caused by the 2005 tsunami by importing goods and medicines directly from Germany, goods that were worth more than US$ 5 Million.
- Kanagasingam, Rajkumar (December 6, 2005). "German hamlet of Asia". Sri Lanka Daily News. The Associated Newspapers of Ceylon Ltd. Retrieved 2007-12-14.
- Kanagasingam, Rajkumar (January 19, 2005). "A visit to the tsunami-swept North". Sri Lanka Daily News. The Associated Newspapers of Ceylon Ltd. Retrieved 2007-12-14.
- Jayasinghe, Hiran Priyankara (December 9, 2007). "Attacks lead to tourist hotel closure". The Sunday Times Online. Wijeya Newspapers Ltd, Colombo, Sri Lanka. Retrieved 2007-12-14.
- Mohamed, Ranee (December 9, 2007). "Political hooliganism that devastated Doering". The Sunday Leader. Leader Publications (Pvt) Ltd, Sri Lanka. Retrieved 2007-12-14.
- Private resort in Marawila attacked
- Disaster, the chance for peace was[Google Translation from German]
|This Sri Lankan biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to German sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|