From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Diffuser (disambiguation))
|Look up diffuser or diffusers in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Diffuser can refer to any device that diffuses in some manner such as:
- Diffuser (acoustics), a device that scatters reflections of sound across frequencies
- In aerodynamics
- Diffuser (automotive), a shaped section of a car's underbody which improves the car's aerodynamic properties. It causes air to escape from the underside of the vehicle faster than above air, working like a wing on an airplane in the opposite direction. Results in improvement of downforce.
- divergent part of the aspirator[clarification needed]
- divergent part of the flute[clarification needed]
- Part of a jet engine air intake, especially when operated at supersonic speeds
- the channel between the vanes of a turbine
- the channel between the vanes of the stator of a centrifugal compressor
- Diffuser (breathing set part), a device fitted over an underwater breathing set's blow hole to break up the resulting bubbles
- Diffuser (heat), a cooking item that can be placed above a stove heating element or burner to separate the cooking utensil from the heat source
- Diffuser (optics), a device that diffuses or spreads out or scatters light in some manner
- Diffuser (sewage), an aerating device for sewage and industrial waste water treatments; a membrane with fine pores, through which fine bubbles are generated by the supply of air through blowers
- Diffuser (thermodynamics), a device that controls the characteristics of a fluid at the entrance to a thermodynamic open system
- Diffusion filter, a specific optical diffuser used in photography
- In encryption a diffuser is a data-mixing function.
Diffuser may also refer to:
- Diffuser (band), a punk rock band from Long Island
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.